Avg: 1.8 from 9 votes
Routes in h. The Arrow Wall - CCK
|Amber Waves of Pain T 5.10a 6a 18 VI+ 18 E1 5a|
|Andrew T 5.4 4a 12 IV 10 VD 3c PG13|
|Android-Moby Dick link-up T 5.8 5b 16 VI- 15 HVS 4c|
|Annie Oh! T 5.8+ 5b 16 VI- 15 HVS 4c|
|Arrow T 5.8 5b 16 VI- 15 HVS 4c|
|CCK Direct T 5.9 5c 17 VI 17 HVS 5a PG13|
|Cascading Crystal Kaleidoscope (CCK) T 5.8 5b 16 VI- 15 HVS 4c PG13|
|Cold Turkeys T 5.9+ 5c 17 VI 17 E1 5a PG13|
|Crack' N Up T 5.11d 7a 24 VIII 25 E5 6a PG13|
|Deep Lichen T 5.8 5b 16 VI- 15 HVS 4c PG13|
|Diana T 5.8 5b 16 VI- 15 HVS 4c|
|Easy Verschneidung (Easy V) T 5.3 3+ 10 III 9 VD 3a|
|Erect Direction T 5.10c 6b 20 VII 20 E2 5b|
|Face to Face T 5.10b 6a+ 19 VII- 19 E2 5b|
|Feast of Fools T 5.10b 6a+ 19 VII- 19 E2 5b|
|Hans' Puss T 5.7 5a 15 V+ 13 MVS 4b|
|Hawkeye T 5.9+ 5c 17 VI 17 E1 5a|
|Jim's Gem T 5.8 5b 16 VI- 15 HVS 4c|
|Keep on Struttin' T 5.9+ 5c 17 VI 17 E1 5a|
|Last Will Be First, The T 5.6 4c 14 V 12 S 4b|
|Limelight T 5.7 5a 15 V+ 13 MVS 4b|
|Lost and Found T 5.7 5a 15 V+ 13 MVS 4b|
|Man's Quest for Flight T 5.11- 6c 22 VIII+ 22 E3 5c|
|Moby Dick T 5.8 5b 16 VI- 15 HVS 4c|
|Modern Times T 5.8+ 5b 16 VI- 15 HVS 4c|
|Moonlight T 5.6 4c 14 V 12 S 4b|
|No Glow T 5.9 5c 17 VI 17 HVS 5a|
|Nurse's Aid T 5.10c 6b 20 VII 20 E2 5b R|
|Proctor Silex T 5.9+ 5c 17 VI 17 E1 5a|
|Proctoscope T 5.9+ 5c 17 VI 17 E1 5a|
|Quiver T 5.9 5c 17 VI 17 HVS 5a PG13|
|Red Pillar T 5.5 4b 13 IV+ 11 MS 4a|
|Silhouette T 5.7+ 5a 15 V+ 13 MVS 4b PG13|
|Smilin' the Hard Way T 5.12a 7a+ 25 VIII+ 25 E5 6a PG13|
|Steep Hikin' T 5.9 5c 17 VI 17 HVS 5a|
|Step Lively T 5.10a 6a 18 VI+ 18 E1 5a|
|Strolling on Jupiter T 5.10d 6b+ 21 VII+ 21 E3 5b|
|Supper's Ready T 5.12a 7a+ 25 VIII+ 25 E5 6a|
|Three Doves T 5.8+ 5b 16 VI- 15 HVS 4c|
|Three Vultures T 5.9 5c 17 VI 17 HVS 5a PG13|
|Three Vultures Direct T 5.10c/d 6b+ 21 VII+ 21 E3 5b|
|Traverse of the Clods T 5.9 5c 17 VI 17 HVS 5a PG13|
|Twilight Zone T 5.13b 8a 29 IX+ 30 E7 6c C1|
|Unholy Wick T 5.8 5b 16 VI- 15 HVS 4c|
|Updraft T 5.5 4b 13 IV+ 11 MS 4a|
|Wop Stop T 5.6 4c 14 V 12 S 4b PG13|
|Type:||Trad, 3 pitches|
|FA:||Todd Swain, Andy Schenkel, and Randy Schenkel, 1985|
|Page Views:||1,360 total, 14/month|
|Shared By:||Dana Bartlett on Oct 14, 2009|
Description1. Climb the face of the pillar to a ledge at its top. It's quicker, easier, and no less (much more! - ed.) pleasant to solo up the right-facing corner on the right side of the pillar. 5.5 or 4th class, respectively, 40 feet.
2. From the right side of the ledge, go up and a bit right to several small, left-facing corners; these are 25 feet or so off the ledge. From the last of these, move over a bulge (crux) then go straight up to the GT ledge. The latest guidebook mentions mentions passing a piton; the only pin on this pitch is within arm's reach while you are standing on the ledge. 5.9, 60 feet.
3. Scramble up and left. Then move straight up the face past a small pod, pass to the left of a large flake and on to the top. 5.6, 100 feet.
Notes on P3 from kswissto:
- Deep Lichen (left) and Steep Hikin (right) parallel each other.
- Deep Lichen is completely clean and there is a strip of clean, white rock. Definitely PG/PG13 depending on your comfort level. Becomes more PG if you carry tricams.
- Steep Hikin is COVERED in deep lichen and you can't see it/find it anymore.
LocationAt the left end of the Arrow wall area, just before the trail goes up and then back down to Thin Slabs / Thin Slabs Direct. Look for a dirty, broken, right-facing corner that is approximately 40 feet high.
Rappel from bolts at the clifftop over Three Doves.