|Photos:||Recent | Best | Popular|
|Location:||44.369, -121.14631 View Map Incorrect?|
|Administrators:||Micah Klesick, Kristine Hoffman (sitewide)|
|re: Yakima Community||Khoi||14 hours ago|
|re: Moving to Bellingham in April||Luke Maechler||1 day ago|
|re: New Frenchman Coulee (Vantage) guidebook? Anyone hear anything about when there will be a new edition?||Khoi||2 days ago|
|Smith partner for Sun 19th||S. Saunders||2 days ago|
|re: Smith Rock in July||Kevin MP||2 days ago|
|Lost snow saw snoqualmie mountain||Kawika Mau||3 days ago|
|re: Spring alpine ice objectives in the Cascades||Peter Gonda||4 days ago|
|re: Valdez Ice Fest||Amanda Stern||4 days ago|
|Comments on Oregon||Add Comment|
|Show which comments —
By alpine glower
From: Soon to be Sweet Home, OR
Aug 29, 2010
|To all those who keep posting areas with no drections and saying PM me or what ever nonsense... please stop! This is pointless. If you want someone to visit your area, post directions, thats the point of this site. Half the areas on here seem to be private with directions only given if you jump through some hoops. If thats the case don't post em on here!|
By peachy spohn
Jul 28, 2011
|Don't forget that there is a fee now for Beacon Rock. $10 per day or a $30 for an annual pass that is good for all Wash. State Parks.|
By Ken Trout
From: Golden, CO
Dec 19, 2011
|Welcome to Oregon Alpine Glower. The secret area thing cracks me up too, even though the Trout's have been here for a century. I posted a swimming hole for ya. The Elk River is a few miles north of Port Orford. Drive at least 6 miles up the river before the good holes begin appearing. There's climbing along the coast too, but the rock and anchors are usually horrible. Shoot me an email about anywhere and I'll help you spill the beans on the Proj.|
By Mr. Holmes
From: Cascade West
Apr 5, 2012
A quick update regarding rumors surrounding the Rat Cave closure:
I spoke with USFS and yes,it is on their radar... however:
1) No, the crag is not closed to recreational use (this includes climbing); Access is still open.
2) USFS interaction has and will stem priamarily from concerns surrounding new route development (bolting/fixed anchors) and overall human impact.
They will be monitoring this site in the months/seasons to come!
3) The local USFS office is aware of the national MOU with the Access Fund and will connect with me directly regarding any future decisions or concerns though they are currently pleased with the " level of support and collaboration" from the Access Fund, as well as, the local climbing community.
This said, If you climb at the Rat Cave PLEASE KEEP A LOW PROFILE. If you don't.. then I hear "The Gullies" are splendid this time of year!
Jun 3, 2013
|Anyone ever go up to Lowell crag outside of Eugene.20 or so routes up there 5-10 and harder|
By Sarah Wolfe
From: Eugene, OR
Jul 1, 2016
I've started Oregon Climbs, a monthly e-news focused on outdoor climbing throughout Oregon, to bring together information from a variety of other already-existent sources, as well as people throughout the OR climbing community, to create a cohesive and inclusive resource for all things climbing in OR.
Oregon Climbs is sent out at the end of each month and includes:
- Wrap up of the previous month
- Preview of the coming month (date-specific events and programs)
- Alerts & FYI's (closures, openings, new routes, etc.)
- Local Yokel (city-specific outdoor climbing opportunities)
- Out of Oregon (nat'l climbing festivals or conferences)
If you are interested in joining my email list, please send an email to OregonClimbs@mail.com and put "Add me!" in the subject line.
Thanks so much!
--- Invalid image id: 111966419 ---