Avg: 3.9 from 61 votes
|Type:||Trad, Alpine, 6 pitches, Grade IV|
|FA:||Briggs Brothers, 1985|
|Page Views:||23,549 total · 101/month|
|Shared By:||Alex Shainman on Jul 27, 2001|
|Admins:||Leo Paik, John McNamee, Frances Fierst, Monty, Monomaniac, Tyler KC|
For additional information about raptor closures, please visit the Rocky Mountain National Parks area closures website.
1) (11a) face to (10b) LF corner, diagonal left (avoids 40+' of hummocks and dirt in right side of the Mitten) to large LF corner/Pervertical belay, 130'.
2 )Up LF corner, step right around to RF corner and to top of Mitten 70' (9).
3) Over slot, stem up shaft/LF corner system, traverse left past old bolt/fixed Friend to belay out right 180' (9+).
4) Crux pitch...up finger crack, move left past shakey flakes, up sustained shallow RF corner/crack, inferior belay out right on sloping ledge, 120'.
5) Step left, back into RF corner, pump it to the top of the pillar and huge ledge 140' (11b/c).
6) Straight up inset, pass fixed pin, end on Table Ledge 150' (9).
Walk right to raps, or top out via Kiener's. "An Excellent Outing".