Sandia Mountains Rock Climbing
|GPS:||35.211, -106.45 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||458,288 total · 2,674/month|
|Shared By:||Anthony Stout on Jan 20, 2006|
Anthony Stout, LeeAB Brinckerhoff, Marta Reece, Drew Chojnowski, Jason Halladay
History (Admin Only): Jason Halladay edited this area Jun 5, 2019
- Starting from Albuquerque, take I-40 east through Tijeras Canyon, exiting on the Tijeras exit (exit 175).
- North on highway 14 for 6.8 miles
- Turn left on NM 536 (follow signs to Sandia Mountain Ski area), and follow this road for about 14 miles, past the ski area, and finally to the Sandia Crest.
Getting to the different climbing areas:
Approach times and difficulties vary depending on where you are going. Directions will be given in the appropriate sections.
WARNING: Approaches can be DIFFICULT, as in both strenuous and difficult to find. It's not difficult to get lost in this area. Should anyone following directions posted on Mountain Project end up lost, feedback on the directions in order to make them more accurate is appreciated.
- Rock Climbing New Mexico by Dennis R. Jackson (2006, Falcon Press)
- Hikers and Climbers Guide to the Sandias by Mike Hill (1993, Coyote Books)
Classic Climbing Routes at Sandia Mountains
Days w Precip