Bald Rock Fork Recreational Preserve (BRRP) Rock Climbing
|GPS:||37.641, -83.715 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||268,465 total · 6,306/month|
|Shared By:||Shirtless Mike on Jan 11, 2017|
Shirtless Mike, saxfiend, DrRockso, Billy Simek
History (Admin Only): DrRockso edited this area Apr 3, 2020 View all 3
DrRockso edited this area Apr 26, 2020
DrRockso edited "Waiver and Rules" Jun 21, 2020
Working with the Access Fund the RRGCC purchased the approach to the cliffs for $235,000. However a substantial sum on the mortgage is still owed, so consider donating today. For more information or to donate see: rrgcc.networkforgood.com/pr…
To get to the BRRP from Lago Linda's, turn right onto 399, turn right onto 52. From highway 52 turn left onto 498. After about 1 mile turn left onto Bald Fork Road.
Please slow down when driving past homes on Bald Rock Fork Road (aka the road that leads from 498 to the BRRP/PMRP). The speed limit on this road is 10 mph and driving too quickly creates dust which negatively affects the residents along the road.
NOTE: Access to many crags in the BRRP/PMRP may be problematical without a high-clearance vehicle. In the fall of 2016, the hill down to the bottom was difficult without four wheel drive and good clearance.
Waiver and Rules
* As of June 2018, there is no overnight parking allowed on any Coalition properties (PMRP, BRRP, MFRP). Primitive camping is still allowed,
just as long as you do not park a car there (i.e. dropped off or hike in).
* Do not park next to oil wells. Do not block oil wells or oil workers’ trucks.
* Please climb responsibly and follow “Leave No Trace” practices. Please remove all refuse and bury human waste.
* All dogs must be leashed or under control of their owners.
* Stay off all tagged projects and do not touch or use any project ropes, draws, or other gear.
* Hike on established trails and do not mark or damage trees or other vegetation. Approval by the RRGCC is required prior to the establishment of any new crags or trails.
* No hunting, trapping, digging for archaeological artifacts is permitted.
* No operation of motorized vehicles off established roads is permitted.
* No open fires are permitted due to the oil extraction activity in the area and the enormous threat a forest fire in a region of
numerous oil wells would pose.
Classic Climbing Routes at Bald Rock Fork Recreational Preserve (BRRP)
Days w Precip