The Motherlode Rock Climbing
|GPS:||37.647, -83.71 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||182,072 total · 1,144/month|
|Shared By:||Jason Halladay on Mar 18, 2008 · Updates|
|Admins:||Shirtless Mike, saxfiend, DrRockso, Billy Simek|
The area is broken up into five sectors, from left to right:
- (1) Buckeye Buttress - Slightly overhaning, technical climbing. Morning to early afternoon sun.
- (2) Warm-Up Wall - Slightly overhanging, technical climbing. Morning to early afternoon sun.
- (3) GMC Wall - Getting closer to the Madness Cave and getting steeper. Morning to midday sun.
- (4) Madness Cave - Super steep, overhanging climbing. Afternoon sun.
- (5) Undertow Wall - Steep, overhanging climbing. Evening sun.
Waiver and Rules
The Motherlode LLC is private property. Access to the clifflines under the driplines at the Motherlode,Chocolate Factory,Right cliffline of Sore heel and left side of Bears den climbing areas is dependent on users cooperation with the rules. If you are not willing or able to abide by these rules then do not enter the property. Authorized users are asked to help uphold the rules.
- Access to these cliffline properties is limited to those individuals with a completed current liability waiver.
- Anyone who doesn't complete a signed waiver is criminal trespassing in accordance with KRS 511.080 and subject to prosecution.
- “Leave No Trace” principles must be followed at all times while in the preserve.
- Pack it in – Pack it out, including your poo, no Catholes (www.lnt.org will show you how to do it).
- No flora, fauna, rock or anything else may be damaged, harmed, moved or removed from the preserve.
- No guiding or any commercial activity is permitted without expressed written consent from members of Motherlode LLC
- Camping or hammock hanging is not permitted within the cliffline areas.
- Access to the preserve is from dawn to dusk only.
- Be considerate and respectful of those around you.No music or excessive noise.
- No illegal drugs or alcoholic beverages are allowed within this property.
- No fires, burning, or smoking of anything is allowed within the preserve.
Classic Climbing Routes at The Motherlode
Days w Precip