Great Wall of China Rock Climbing
|GPS:||37.516, -118.571 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||74,034 total · 409/month|
|Shared By:||david goldstein on Jul 31, 2006|
|Admins:||Aron Quiter, Euan Cameron, AWinters, Mike Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer suchoski, Vicki Schwantes, Justin Johnsen|
1) Never park or camp overnight at the access points.
2) Always park off the pavement, taking great care to avoid blocking the gates.
3) Clean up after your dogs. (Local climbers are finding abandoned doggie poop bags.)
4) Pack out all trash and TP, including picking up after others.
5) Use the outhouses if at all possible.
As far as the climbing goes, the Great Wall has among the most routes of any area in the Gorge as well as one of the highest concentrations of .8's and .9's (which see a lot of activity/abuse and are becoming polished) though there are also a lot of worthwhile 10's and 11s. In my opinion, the are no super-classics on the Great Wall w/ the possible exception of Aurora (I'll never know).
There is an outhouse a little bit upstream and across the river.
Classic Climbing Routes at Great Wall of China
Days w Precip