McGregor Slab Rock Climbing
|GPS:||40.409, -105.585 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||25,603 total · 108/month|
|Shared By:||Matt Bauman on Dec 31, 2000|
|Admins:||Leo Paik, John McNamee, Frances Fierst, Monty, Monomaniac|
Addendum: watch for ticks here in the spring.
Flatiron of the Rockies variation of Left Standard, 7 PG-13, 4p, 890', gear.
Left Standard, 2-7, 3-5p, 600-900', gear.
Overhang, 7, 5p, 900', gear.
Camel Toe, 9+, 5p, 800', bolts & gear.
Direct, 7, 4p, gear.
Indirect, 7, 5p, 900', gear.
Right Standard, 6, 4p, gear.
KJ. Rag Head variation, 8, 1p, gear.
L. Camel Jockey, 7, 3p, gear.
M. Double Hump, 8, 5p, gear.
N. Scramble, 0, 4p, gear.
Hike up this ravine to east of Della-Terra (campground now defunct 4/09).
Ross Swanson: 2016 update - start just above pavilion on EAST side of new lodge.
Access issue update
1. The campground is now defunct.
2. The new Della-Terra lodge owners are very cool about climber access.
3. Do not park on the Della-Terra paved areas.
4. Parking available in NPS lot on south side of highway
5. Parking also available in Highway roadside dirt lot.
6. Hike up ravine to east side of Della-Terra lodge.
7. All climbers that choose to top-out, I would recommend descending to the west. Some guidebooks say east; but you'll hate that choice.
8. Restrooms & water (and snacks) available at NP Village North next to RMNP visitors center across the highway.
Classic Climbing Routes at McGregor Slab
Days w Precip