The Arete Area Rock Climbing
|GPS:||44.474, -71.193 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||3,724 total · 66/month|
|Shared By:||Robert Hall on Jul 26, 2016|
|Admins:||Jay Knower, M Sprague, lee hansche, Jeffrey LeCours, Jonathan Steitzer, Robert Hall|
The Matt Bowman "guide" lists 6 routes in this area, (# is route# in guide) L-to-R they are:
(16) Chuck Taylor All Stars 2 pitches ( 90ft 5.4 & 90 ft 5.7) Access by traversing right on a narrow path, close to the cliff, that starts at the level of the base of Berliner.
(17) Lichen It 110 ft (single 70m rap) 5.6 3-stars in 3 star system - 40-50 feet down and right of Berliner/The Flake.
(18) Converse Rubber 5.9 1-star Is the CONTINUATION of "Lichen It". Start 110 feet up at the Lichen It 2 bolt anchor.
(19) Business Trip 170 ft ( 2 rope rap ?) 5.8 3-stars 40-50 feet right of Lichen It
beyond the lowest point:
(20) Birthday Boy 100 ft 5.9 2-stars - A clean slab 100 - 125 feet right of Business Trip. About 1/3 of the way there, (about 30-40 ft right of B.T.) you'll pass a dirty slab with one bolt.
(21) Sneaker Slab 110 ft 5.1 Continue past Birthday Boy (the trail become less distinct, but generally is only 10-15 ft from the slab) for a while (200 ft?) You'll pass by "Sneaker Direct" (My name for an unprotected slab that looks about 5.4-5.5) until you hit a small water course. Take this up a few steps to a flat dirt ledge at the base of Sneaker Slab. 2 bolts to an anchor.
Classic Climbing Routes at The Arete Area
Days w Precip