Avg: 2 from 1 vote
|Type:||Trad, 840 ft, 6 pitches, Grade III|
|FA:||Paul Ross, Layne Potter|
|Page Views:||141 total · 1/month|
|Shared By:||USBRIT Ross on May 19, 2004|
|Admins:||Andrew Gram, Nathan Fisher, Perin Blanchard, grk10vq|
1) Up the slab on the right and follow edge of slot to a steeper groove/corner on the right. 200' 5.4
2) Cross into the groove and follow to double anchors below a steep slab. 160' 5.5
3) Up thin flakes on the left (#9 Metolius useful), then past a bolt to double anchors by an alcove. 100' 5.8R.
4) Straight up groove past a pro bolt to double anchors in a small cave. 120' 5.8+R
5) Left from cave past a short section of steep sandy rock then more easier up slab to good ledge and double anchors. 200' 5.7
6) Nice open slab direct to summit and register in cairn. 60' 5.4R
Descent.... One can rap the route. Sling and rap rings needed on the double anchors, as the FA party traversed onto the top of Mellow Yellow and descended that route. To do that is as follows:- Rap to top of Pitch 4 from the summit(cave belay). From here traverse right for about 80' to gully 5.5. Ascend gully to the notch and belay. Move out left up and around the corner and a 5.7 60' pitch takes one to the summit of The Mellow Yellow (register) route. From the top 4th class down for about 200'to double rap anchors in a shallow groove. Four raps to the ground. Note angle left out of the groove near the end of 3rd rap to large ledge, anchors down and right of ledge system. From here one rap to ground. FA Paul Ross, Layne Potter 20th May 2004.