Things that give you "the ick"
|
|
Eric Moss wrote: What about smoking dope while climbing? Did a lot of that in a younger day. |
|
|
Kevinmurray wrote: The paranoia makes you to check your knot five times on the ground, and then twice more while you're climbing. |
|
|
That was never a problem for me. |
|
|
People who bag dogshit, leave it by the trail, and then "forget" to carry it out |
|
|
Jay Crew wrote: Wild isn’t it? It’s literally everywhere. Trails, parks, sidewalks, even snow parks. What kills me, as a dog owner, is walking past people in the vicinity of one of those shit bags. I don’t know if they’re silently blaming me but I feel like they are. If I’m already carrying shit, I’ll grab a bag, since two shits is about the same as one. I won’t grab a shit if I am not carrying one, since zero shits is substantially less shit than one. It seems like a shit in the open, drying and decomposing is better than a shit in the same place in a bag. I’d advocate for neither, but if I had to choose. |
|
|
|
|
|
highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion wrote: exactly... I think some folks would just like to be seen bagging it up; they feel some type of social pressure. Appearing to be doing a good thing is more important than actually doing a good thing. |
|
|
Jay Crew wrote: When I’m retired and looking for something to do, I’m going to lurk in public parks and watch for this. Then I’ll blow dart the scumbag and tag their ear . No frickin excuses for this |
|
|
highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion wrote: yup.... I've literally got puppy poo bags in the breast pocket of every jacket or fleece I wear... |
|
|
My dog found a used wag bag at a local crag this fall. |
|
|
highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion wrote: Yes I am 100%. |
|
|
|
|
|
highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion wrote: Nice try. No way I’m going to believe those shit bags are full of gumdrops again. |
|
|
apogee wrote: You’ll love this. One of my partners ran into him yesterday on pitch 4 of moonlight buttress. He was on his second day, with 2 guides aid climbing the route and hauling 5 fucking bags and 3 portaledges. Apparently the guides decided to unionize around p5 and quit so Joe said “ok we’re going to the shuttle” and the guides said the fuck you are you’re helping us carry this 1000lb of gear you made us haul down dumbass. Nice work Joe! Another embarrassing circus on another classic! |
|
|
Tanner James wrote: Who is this Joe guy? |
|
|
Lars Edmunds wrote: I think its the clout chasing, piece of shit dad that makes a living paying guides to drag him and his 8y/o son up aid routes so they can say they climbed them on social media. If you look up "The El Cap Kid" its his dad. |
|
|
B Y wrote: Oh I’ve seen that. Degenerates |
|
|
That something like the "piss crack" exists |
|
|
Eric Moss wrote: I read his use of the word "repel" to be intentional i.e., that was the joke - people who don't know "rappel" is not "repel" Well played. |
|
|
“Heal hooks.” I don’t know why, but that incorrect spelling of “heel” bothers me. Guess it’s the same with using “repel” instead of “rappel.” |









