Santaquin Canyon Climbing
|GPS:||39.919, -111.752 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||46,216 total · 255/month|
|Shared By:||John Ross on Oct 29, 2006|
|Admins:||Andrew Gram, Nathan Fisher, Perin Blanchard, GRK, DCrane|
Known for ice and mixed climbing, Santaquin Canyon has emerged as a rock climbing destination as well. Limestone cliffs and crags abound with numerous established bolted sport routes. During winter ice climbers will find a good mix of easy to difficult water ice routes.
This scenic canyon is located in the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest and borders the Mt. Nebo Wilderness Area to the south.
However, all necessary information can be obtained from Mountainworks, the local climbing shop.
- Take the Santaquin exit 244
- Exit the freeway and turn EAST
- Take the first RIGHT turn SOUTH onto Highland Drive.
- Go south for one (1) mile down Highland Drive until you come to a stop sign where you must either turn left or right. TURN LEFT.
- Drive into the canyon 3.8 miles to the Trumbolt Picnic Area (winter gate).
ATV use is illegal in Santaquin Canyon (fines up to $5,000). Snowmobiles are allowed if there is at least 12" of snow.
Classic Climbing Routes at Santaquin Canyon
Days w Precip