Mountain Project Logo

reducing the naughty crotch bulge

Original Post
Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175

climbing friend,

may you share your strategies most best for reducing unwanted harness-caused naughty crotch bulge?

do you wear the shorts or lightweight breathable pants and expose your belayer to your naughty bulging package as you lower, with garments drawn tight over crotch?

do you wear the jeans no matter how hot it is in order to utilize the stiffer jean material to dampen your naughty-harness-crotch-bulge effect?

is this also a problem for climber of female type?

David Lyons · · Forest Falls, CA · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 120

proper utilization of the Metolius Wicking Belt Sander will keep that in check.

Brian Matusiewicz · · Liberty, SC · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 35

Just embrace it!
I think it's something most just accept as unavoidable. As far as I can tell women pay no mind to our bulge. Most of the girls I climb with wear tights so no bulge for them. I'm sure if they wore baggier pants they would have a similar effect.

highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion · · Colorado · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 35

About 10 years ago at rnj south saw a father and son, both sporting 2 pairs of shorts. The outside pair had a slit to tie in and belay through. He probably wears the same shorts making love.

Abram Herman · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined May 2009 · Points: 20

Don't mean to hijack your thread Aleks, but can anyone share any strategies for *increasing* the harness-induced crotch bulge? Asking for a friend.

Wiled Horse · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2002 · Points: 3,669

Wish i had that problem

amarius · · Nowhere, OK · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 20
Abram Herman wrote:Don't mean to hijack your thread Aleks, but can anyone share any strategies for *increasing* the harness-induced crotch bulge? Asking for a friend.
I don't have the need, but a friend had excellent results with sticking a pair of chalk socks filled with "Unicorn Dust". He insisted that only the Unicorn Dust makes multiple red points possible.
David Gibbs · · Ottawa, ON · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2
Abram Herman wrote:Don't mean to hijack your thread Aleks, but can anyone share any strategies for *increasing* the harness-induced crotch bulge? Asking for a friend.
When you change into your climbing shoes, after taking your socks off, instead of setting them aside, stuff them into your shorts.
Muscrat · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 3,625
I keep my nuts in my pants...
simplyput . · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 60
Aleks Zebastian wrote:climbing friend, may you share your strategies most best for reducing unwanted harness-caused naughty crotch bulge?
DuctTape.
Source: I grew up in San Francisco.
Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175
simplyput wrote: DuctTape. Source: I grew up in San Francisco.
climbing friend,

ho ho!

ha ha!

sounds quite painful?

myah!
Alex Rogers · · Sydney, Australia · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 40

To avoid harness-caused crotch bulge - avoid harness altogether.

scott fuzz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 125

If the bulge lasts for more than 4 hrs, call a doctor ( single pitch only) -

Guy Keesee · · Moorpark, CA · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 349

Aleks.... you might wish to sport a "cod piece"....popular a few centuries back.

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 3,492

I suggest the prolonged application of ice. Shrinkage, ya know.

Tim Stich · · Colorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,520

Aleks, have you ever heard that King Missle song Detachable Penis?

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374

Nope. We do not look, never ever. Just ignore that stifled laughter and the tears running down our face. Means nothing.

Carry on.

Mark E Dixon · · Possunt, nec posse videntur · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 974
Stich wrote:Aleks, have you ever heard that King Missle song Detachable Penis?
It's a classic song, even though it makes me feel like less of a man...

youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILr…
Phil Sakievich · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 131
highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion wrote:About 10 years ago at rnj south saw a father and son, both sporting 2 pairs of shorts. The outside pair had a slit to tie in and belay through. He probably wears the same shorts making love.
Haha! Seriously laughed for a good minute after this mental picture.
Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 3,492
psakievich wrote: Haha! Seriously laughed for a good minute after this mental picture.
That could very well be a religious thing. I went out with a group of some unknown-to-me fundamental/orthodox sect, and the women all had dresses over the harnesses. Black biker shorts underneath.
Bill Kirby · · Keene New York · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480
Gunkiemike wrote:I suggest the prolonged application of ice. Shrinkage, ya know.
I think you look sexy in that pic Mike.

Right down to your O face!
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "reducing the naughty crotch bulge"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started