z.. Dickie Barre (upper PK cliff) Rock Climbing
Google Map · Climbing Area Map
|Page Views:||59,457 total · 501/month|
|Shared By:||Gunkiemike on May 8, 2013 · Updates|
|Admins:||Morgan Patterson, RJ B|
A bit of nomenclature to keep the discussion useful: from left to right the cliff is broken into 5 very general sections:
1) The Bullwheel Faces - the short faces approximately within sight of the concrete block atop the old ski hill.
2) The Playground - from the pair of huge white pine trees rightwards to the huge, imposing roof. The roof has a couple projects but apparently no completed routes yet.
3) The Clamshell Wall - the tall face that is mostly grey, with many horizontals. It sorta resembles the Trapps and the left end of it starts 7 ft above a large rectangular boulder. There are about 8 distinct lines that mostly follow vertical cracks/grooves and 6 bolted anchors at various spots across the top.
4) The Fortress - from the Clamshell rightwards to the other huge imposing ceiling that is close to the blue trail. The Fortress features steep rock and mostly difficult lines.
5) The Right End - the huge roof to the end of the cliff.
As with so many PK routes, a length of static rope (60 ft) is often essential. Tread lightly and protect the trees, please.
Classic Climbing Routes at z.. Dickie Barre (upper PK cliff)
Days w Precip