Lake Arrowhead Pinnacles Rock Climbing
|GPS:||34.307, -117.228 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||177,797 total · 1,086/month|
|Shared By:||Dave Daly on Apr 30, 2008|
|Admins:||C Miller, Mike Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer suchoski, Vicki Schwantes, Justin Johnsen|
- Drive east on I-10 to I-215.
- Drive north on I-215 to SR 30.
- Go east on SR 30 to SR 18 (Waterman Avenue) in San Bernardino. Exit the freeway and turn left (north).
- Drive north on SR 18 to Daley Canyon Road about 5.5 miles east of the Crestline SR 138 turnoff. Turn left (north) on Daley Canyon Road. Note your odometer and go as follows:
- At 0.5 mile, junction with SR 189. Turn left.
- At 0.8 mile, fork. Go right and then immediately left onto Grass Valley Road.
- At 2.8 miles, fork with Grass Valley Road on the left. Turn left.
- At 5.3 miles, intersection with SR 173. Turn left.
- At 5.5 miles, intersection with Pilot Rock Road (2N33).
- Continue on SR 173 about 0.7 mile to the entrance of a rifle range. This is the trailhead. Drive about 0.2 mile further to the pavement end. Park here. Alternate parking is at a concrete water tank about 0.2 mile south of the rifle range.
Coming from the north:
Highway 173 has an impressive stretch of single lane dirt road cut into the side of a mountain with 700-900ft drops in some areas,
- Go east on I-10 and then north on I-15 to SR 138. Turn right (east).
- Go east 8.5 miles on SR 138 to SR 173 near Lake Silverwood. Turn left (east) on SR 173.
- Go east on SR 173. The highway is paved for the first 8 miles and then becomes a dirt road. Continue 7 miles on the dirt road south up the Mojave River Canyon (spectacular) to the beginning of pavement.
- Park off the road near the rifle range which will be on your right (west). Do not block the entrance to the range.
- You can drive about 0.2 mile further to where the pavement ends and park there or alternatively you can park at a concrete water tank about 0.2 mile south of the rifle range.
Classic Climbing Routes at Lake Arrowhead Pinnacles
Days w Precip