All Locations > International > Europe > United Kingdom > Scotland > Ben Nevis > Carn Dearg Buttress
Avg: 3.8 from 4 votes
|Type:||Trad, 650 ft, 7 pitches|
|FA:||Don Whillans, R Downes, 30th August 1956|
|Page Views:||1,592 total · 12/month|
|Shared By:||Euan Cameron on Aug 29, 2007|
|Admins:||Chris Owen, Euan Cameron|
DescriptionThe start of this route is easily recognized, as it ascends the steep central groove of the buttress.
1. Climb up the short wall on the left of the groove, until possible to move right and up to ledges.
2. Climb up the corner above to below an overhung recess.
3. Traverse left then back right and on up to a belay.
4. Move into the corner and up. Trend left up the wall to the arete and on up to a belay.
5. Continue on up easy angles grooves.
6. Climb up to an overhang and then move left. Continue leftwards and then make a step up to a slab which again is traverse leftwards. Belay directly below the overhangs.
7. Traverse right of the belay for 20ft and then up to a straightforward groove, which is followed to easier ground.