Mountain Project Logo

Climbing shoe covers

Original Post
Seth Bleazard · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 395

Is there such a thing that you can put on your climbing shoes at the crag so you can walk around without damaging them

Kevin Mcbride · · Canmore AB · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 505

You could just take your shoes off if you need to walk around. Just a thought...

Jplotz · · Cashmere, WA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 1,315
Kevin Mcbride wrote: You could just take your shoes off if you need to walk around

Whoah...

amarius · · Nowhere, OK · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 20
Seth Bleazard wrote: Is there such a thing that you can put on your climbing shoes at the crag so you can walk around without damaging them

If suggestion to take your shoes off is not appealing, perhaps oversized slippers might work?

slim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 1,103

i am always baffled by folks wandering around in their climbing shoes.  in the city that i currently live in you will see folks down in the weight room wearing their climbing shoes while they are doing squats, hang cleans, and even kicking the crap out of a punching bag!  no joke!  madness i tell you.  the first thing i want to do when i get back to terra firma is take my f____'ing shoes off.

Chimney Dyl · · Bend, OR · Joined May 2017 · Points: 5

I’ve seen people use slides to walk to the start of a climb if it’s muddy. Other than that, take them off? 

slim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 1,103
amarius wrote:

If suggestion to take your shoes off is not appealing, perhaps oversized slippers might work?

do they have any that look like gumby by chance?

Igor Chained · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 110
You're welcome.
MP · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 2

Crocs can work.

Allen Sanderson · · On the road to perdition · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,203
amazon.com/LESGAULEST-Home-…;qid=1533586477&sr=8-5&keywords=surgical+booties
B Jolley · · Utah · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 172

Shoe covers that look like shoes!

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0
Seth Bleazard wrote: Is there such a thing that you can put on your climbing shoes at the crag so you can walk around without damaging them

Climb barefoot so you don't ever have to worry about shoes or just wear them and not worry about losing maybe a week or 2 of life off your shoes for walking around in them.

Andrew Rice · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 11

Most people take off their shoes because climbing shoes are uncomfortable to just stand around in. But if you wanted shoe covers, every home improvement store or paint shop sells them.

Home Depot Shoe covers

don'tchuffonme · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 26
ViperScale . wrote:

loosing 

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

Common typo

to make less tight vs unable to find

Now lets cook some kitties.
PTR · · NEPA · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 10

In a certain mud-bog back east, full-on galoshes (or shorter versions our dads called "rubbers") were in vogue for a time as one belayed or milled about waiting your turn to climb.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Climbing shoe covers "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started