Mountain Project Logo

FS: C4s, Z4s, and Lowe Balls. PRICE DROP

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Trevor · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 830

For sale, a bunch of like new cams, and some old lowe balls. Prices include free shipping, and $5 off per item if you buy multiple.

SOLD- BD Camalot C4, New Style, #5. Brand new condition, pretty sure this one has lived exclusively inside. 07/21 mfg date. Includes BD miniwire

SOLD- BD Camalot C4, New Style, #4. Brand new condition, pretty sure this one has lived exclusively inside. 08/21 mfg date. Includes BD miniwire

SOLD- BD Camalot C4, New Style, #3. Very lightly used, placed on a few pitches but never weighted. 01/18 mfg date. Includes DMM Alphawire

SOLD- BD Camalot C4, New Style, #2. Very lightly used, placed on a few pitches but never weighted. 01/19 mfg date. Includes DMM Alphawire

SOLD BD Camalot Z4, #0.5. Very lightly used, placed once or twice but never weighted. 01/20 mfg date. Includes DMM Alphawire

SOLD BD Camalot Z4, #0.4. Very lightly used, placed once or twice but never weighted. 05/20 mfg date. Includes BD miniwire

SOLD BD Camalot Z4, #0.3. Very lightly used, placed once or twice but never weighted. 05/20 mfg date. Includes BD miniwire

SOLD BD Camalot Z4, #0.2. Super lightly used, maybe never even placed? 03/20 mfg date. Includes BD miniwire

SOLD BD Camalot Z4, #0.1. Super lightly used, maybe never even placed? 02/21 mfg date. Includes BD miniwire. 2X AVAILABLE

Lowe Byrne Ball Nuts. 1,2,3. SOLD as a set including camp nano biner. SOLD.  No LoweBall offers, I know what I've got ;)

Payment via PayPal or Venmo. If you chose to use goods and services payment instead of friends and family for the buyer protections, plan on adding 3% to cover the fees. 

Priority given to purchasers buying multiple cams. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

John B · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2024 · Points: 0

Interested in the #2 #3 and #4. Are they still available?

New to MP forums but I have verified transactions on r/ULgeartrade

John B wrote:

Interested in the #2 #3 and #4. Are they still available?

New to MP forums but I have verified transactions on r/ULgeartrade

Yes they are. Shoot me a PM and we'll get the ball rolling

#2, #3, #4 SOLD.

#0.3 and #0.4 Z4s SOLD.

Dan C · · Portland, OR · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 50

Pm'd

tom donnelly · · san diego · Joined Aug 2002 · Points: 374

Why do you think your old ball nuts are better than the new ones sold by Camp MSRP $50, and by Trango MSRP $40 ?

------------------------------

>old post  Malcolm Daly · Nov 12, 2009 · Hailey, ID · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 380

The original Lowe Balls were made* by me when I was at Lowe Alpine. Steve Byrne made a few proto sets but if you every bought a set with solder faces from a store, those were made by Lowe Alpine. We only made them for 6 months that way then went to the copper face.

Yeah, solder is soft and bites well but it has 2 fatal flaws. First, it has less than half the shear strength** of copper. We found than in parallel or slight flares the solder would shear through and allow the piece to fail at much lower strengths than the copper face.

Second, lead solder has a much lower coefficient of friction than copper does. The stuff is just plain slippery.

I think the original Byrne/Metolius Sliders worked with solder because they had a very long slab of the material. BallNutz have about 1/6th the surface area to work with. If any of you have a well-used set of Sliders around look at the solder faces. I bet you'll see tracking marks where the rock pulled through the solder slab before catching.

True, with the copper, it is more important to set the piece with a sharp tug than it was with the solder but the resulting placement is much stronger.

Climb safe,
Mal

• I didn't actually make them. I "caused to have manufactured" as the lawyers like to say. Rev-1 Lowe Balls were manufatured by Collins Machine shop here in Boulder.
  • *Sorry I don't have my materials book here so I can't give you the numbers. I'll post up later if I have time when I get to work.

PRICE DROP ON ALL REMAINING CAMS.

PS Tom, the lowe balls sold for full price, and the buyer was stoked.

Dropped prices again. Get some.

Zach Burgess · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jan 2022 · Points: 72

DM'd for the 0.1, 0.2, and 5.

Christian Hesch · · Morro Bay · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 55

purple Z4 paid for, will update this post with “good seller” upon arrival. Good comms from seller thus far 

Carson Sloan · · Boise, ID · Joined Mar 2022 · Points: 661

Good seller bump

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

FOR SALE / FOR FREE / WANT TO BUY
Post a Reply to "FS: C4s, Z4s, and Lowe Balls. PRICE DROP"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started