Long bolted routes in Wasatch
|
|
I saw squawstruck, but remember reading that there were a number of similar routes. I'd like information on these. Thanks Steve |
|
|
Cosmic Space Dust Lasers is a rambly, mellow bolted route in the same area as Squawstruck, and worth a trip if you're after specifically after long and bolted lines |
|
|
Devil's Castle routes are mostly bolted. There's a few multipitch sport routes at hellgate area, but not super long like Squawstruck |
|
|
Not the Wasatch, but not far of a drive either. Check out the bolted lines on Notch Peak. |
|
|
Pretty tough to find any bolted routes 10 pitches or more anywhere. Echo has a 5ish pitch climb called Gypsy Soul. Verrrrrry chossy. Snow basin has a 10 pitch 5.8 The Gray Slabs that can be done with just draws if you're comfortable climbing 5.8 and running it out on 5.5ish climbing. |
|
|
It's a shame you can't plug in a few pieces of gear. That vasty expands your options. It's definitely not your problem but establishing that many pitches with only bolts would be crazy expensive. |
|
|
If there were only an online database that one could easily search. :) |
|
|
Just a bit of context regarding the OP… Steve Curtis one of the nicest and most unassuming people I’ve ever met. He has been a great friend, mentor and occasional climbing partner (when I can keep up with him !) He would never tout his climbing resume but for background he’s no stranger to “placing pieces of gear on routes”. I believe Steve may hold record for most repeats of Astroman for climber over 50 yrs. old… High Sierra hard trad routes, Black Canyon, Mazama, Notch Peak, Pyrenees, Czech Sandstone towers, etc. Good luck Steve ! |
|
|
Jason Shumaker wrote: If only there was a regional specific forum to politely ask some questions. |
|
|
Not a lot of "long" routes in the Wasatch for Steve but he might be interested in Devil's Castle as mentioned above or Hell's Gate limestone in upper LCC. The granite in Hogum Fork or Bell's might also be of interest. |
|
|
Jordan Wilson wrote: When did people get so sensitive? |
|
|
Jason Shumaker wrote: Didn't hurt my feelings. I was just pointing out how dumb your comment was. |
|
|
It was a joke Jordan. Get over yourself. |
|
|
Sorry I hurt your feelings Jason. |
|
|
My feelings have been dead for years. Carry on! |
|
|
Jason Shumaker wrote: |
|
|
You guys need a hobby. |
|
|
Please STFU unless you have something to say about long bolted routes in the wasatch. S-direct, The Fin, Rock Canyon, Western Hardman, Book of Saturdays. I think that is NOT a lot of long bolted routes in the wasatch. |
|
|
Jordan Wilson wrote: Nice! |





