Vertical Camping Food
|
|
Marc801 C wrote: Heard a story of a guy having bad diarrhea and it working out well still. Might still work for you! |
|
|
Ricky Harline wrote: Maybe, but I'm just a goofy old guy who climbs sport routes now. |
|
|
Beans and chili... if you want to fester in your flatulence in a Dutch oven sleeping bag. Foil packets of tuna and mayo packets and crackers. Wheel of Brie that's individually wrapped little triangles. Nutella/cream cheese and bagels. Good old PB&J, until you get sick of it. I'm usually not a fan of jerky, too tough, but Costco has a super yummy and tender Korean Pork jerky. Dried mangoes, as mentioned, from Trader Joe's mmm. Canned fruit is great. |
|
|
It might not be popular, but army MREs are pretty choice They are designed to cover all your basic nutrient requirements and taste quite good. The US army even has an MRE pizza that lasts indefinitely. For on-the-go energy, I love to fill my bladder with Cytomax, but they stopped making it. I picked that tip up from Erik Sloan, and it makes you nearly bonk-proof. |
|
|
Kevin DeWeese wrote: food is aid |
|
|
Glowering wrote: I chuckled at this turn of phrase. Sounds like a song title for a death metal band. Instant mashed potato packet in a tortilla filled with sharp cheddar shavings and bacon bits (if frozen the night before you depart, bacon should last for a couple days) , plus soy sauce packets. Works stoveless, too. If sodium is aid, I never want to go free. |
|
|
John Shultz wrote: Wait!!! … you’re saying Consuming Sugar helps stave off Muscle Glycogen Depletion???? |
|
|
It’s incredibly hard to beat my home made beef jerky. |
|
|
Skot Richards wrote: I'll vouch for that! |
|
|
Mark Hudon wrote: I am fully stocked on supplies to whip up several batches whenever needed. I’ll throw a batch in the tumbler and mail it to ya so you don’t have to wait till spring. |
|
|
Skot Richards wrote: Are you taking applications for more friends? |
|
|
Skot's Wall Jerky Buy 1 Alfifi get 1 bag of beef jerky free |
|
|
|
|
|
Has anybody got the jerky in Groveland? I’ve been seeing the signs for years and never tried it. |
|
|
Glowering wrote: Tye Dye Jerky?! It’s worth trying once… |
|
|
Kevin DeWeese wrote: Hush hush then…. You want some? |
|
|
Skot Richards wrote: Yes please… I’d offer to trade you Pemmican- but nobody likes Pemmican… |
|
|
Patrick M wrote: Yeah that one. I figured it was really good I'd have heard about it by word of mouth. |






