overheard at the crag: post it
|
|
Doctor Drake wrote: What a shit show. I'm guessing he had her out there because all his other partners stopped putting up with his shit. |
|
|
“No, they’re the good mids.” |
|
|
"I think you just found the 'd' part!" |
|
|
"Is it smelly?" asked by a little kid after his dad asked what we were climbing and I said, "North East Butt of Higher Cathedral." |
|
|
“Yo boss that’s a crazy reachy move I don’t think I can do it” Said by a 6’7” guy to me, a 6’1” guy |
|
|
((Boom boom clap boom clap boom boom))
|
|
|
Doctor Drake wrote: About 10 years ago, I was on Osiris at Lumpy Ridge and watched something similar on an adjacent route, except the fateful line from bro to struggling soon-to-be-ex girlfriend was "c'mon babe, it's not that hard" And it took absolutely everything I had not to burst out laughing. And then we took a wrong turn and epic'd. But mainly I remember that dude digging his own grave. |
|
|
Guess it depends on how they were using it amirite?? |
|
|
Anonymous Climber named Zay wrote: Quad is not too tasty to chew on. But it is a beacon for circus at the crag, 90% of the time. |
|
|
Climber1 and climber2 had just completed a single-pitch 11a trad line. C1: "What should we do next?" C2: "How about this awesome three-pitch 5.9?" C1: "Yeah, let's get on that one. ... uuh, sorry dude ... I didn't pack the cordelette". me (pointing to their rope): "Well, you have this 60m cordelette right there, why don't you use that one?" C1/C2: Blank stares They stuck to single-pitches for the rest of the day. |
|
|
Once upon a time, before Rona madness, my friend and I were sport climbing in Western MA. We came across a lady who started talking about some of her exes and the characteristics of their genitals. One of them had a see-through skin on their D. She called it "Casper." |
|
|
One time I was at Supercrack Buttress in the creek and these two guys asked for beta on how to get through the roof on Incredible Handcrack. Apparently it was their first time crack climbing and they didn't like the beta of "you kinda just have to go for it" |
|
|
North End at Cathedral Ledge. Father and son top roping with all new gear. The kid is about 20+ feet up the climb, lots of slack in the system. "Hang on a second" says the father while looking at the pages on belaying in a brand new copy of Mountaineering : The Freedom of the Hills. (pre cell phone and YouTube days) |
|
|
Lena chita wrote: I resemble that remark. |
|
|
|
|
|
“I am fucking OVER crack climbing” Overheard by me, when I said it out loud while flailing repeatedly on the first crack section of Feltonian Physics in J-Tree. I have precisely zero crack technique, and boy did it show. |
|
|
Dude with a full trad. rack standing below a totally classic 5.7 crack that you can place a piece in, .2-4, every three inches for 70 ft. in northwest Montana: "Naw, I don't want to climb this. At the Gunks we only use small gear." |
|
|
Whisk3rzz 1 wrote: That is f*cking hilarious.... At the base of Classic Crack in the Outlets: guy in his late sixties leading on half ropes, to his wife "Slack on Orange dear....(no slack)...its the one that is ORANGE" |
|
|
A guy is floundering hard a hundred or so feet up a climb at the 5.8 OW crux when he drops a cam unnanounced to the base - nearly hitting people - and then dejectedly takes. His perplexed friend’s answer when asked what’s going on: “I don’t know, he climbs 5.12 in the gym!” |
|
|
Girl climbing: "Is there somewhere I need to be climbing? Is it okay to be over here?" Guy belaying: "It's totally fine! You're on top rope, you can climb anywhere you want!" I look up to see the girl about 20 ft. up and 15 ft. off-route/off the bolt line, full-on bear hugging a completely detached refrigerator-sized block half-hanging over a ledge. Me: "Noooooo!" |





