Mountain Project Logo

Malcolm Daly..."sign" a card for him?

Original Post
Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,375

Could use our help!
https://www.gofundme.com/f/malcolms-stroke-funda?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet

EDIT to add, changed the title. Here's an additional article.  Send best wishes also!!

An additional article, too:

https://www.snewsnet.com/people/malcolm-daly-suffers-stroke

Best, Helen

CO_Michael · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2008 · Points: 946
Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,375

Hope you have a full and speedy recovery, sir! I owe you a cuppa joe from a thread way back, but hey, when it can happen? I'll buy ya guys dinner, eh?

Best, Helen

Tony B · · Around Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 24,680

Last time I saw Mal, which was not long ago, he was handing out bumper stickers that said: "Too Old to Climb... Too Scared to Quit."
Heal quickly, Mal!

Allen Sanderson · · On the road to perdition · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,100
Tony B wrote: Last time I saw Mal, which was not long ago, he was handing out bumper stickers that said: "Too Old to Climb... Too Scared to Quit."
Heal quickly, Mal!

I think I have one somewhere from Malcom that says "My best vacation is your worst nightmare"

M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911

Get well man!

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 3,777

I've never met you Mal, but you're an icon and a hero to many of us. Quick recovery wishes!

George Bracksieck · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 4,040

Mal has always been upbeat and positive. He’s an accomplished climber (e.g., lead of Jules Verne) and equipment innovator. All-around good guy!

Jon Sinclair · · Lafayette, CO · Joined Feb 2007 · Points: 25

Our thoughts and best wishes are with you Malcolm.  Here's hoping for a speedy recovery that has you back outside very soon!

Clark Gerhardt · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2015 · Points: 0

Hope you have a speedy recovery Mal---I'll see you back in Hailey soon I hope!

Fred AmRhein · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2007 · Points: 693
  • Get better Malcolm, best wishes on a quick recovery!
Colonel Mustard · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Sep 2005 · Points: 1,257

One of my favorite belay devices was a Trango B52. Used it till it sharpened up, lol!

His online presence always seems to be humorous, smart, kind, and helpful. I hope he makes a full recovery, we need as many like him as we can get!

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,375
Former Climber wrote: Known Mal a long time.  Lovely human being.

Shared this elsewhere, so sharing here as well.  I tend to use scraps from smoking a turkey instead of pork, but good either way.  Vaguely recall this being from a thread on ST 10-15 years back?  Or maybe an offline discussion.  I forget which at this point, and have been using the paper copy a decade+.

Mal’s Chili Verde

Dang, guess I'm buying some poblano chilies soon! Don't have a smoker....I'll have to think about that.

Best, Helen

Elliott Crooks · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 10

Best wishes for fast recovery!

Mike McHugh · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 425

Mal and family are about the most thoughtful, generous, compassionate folks I've ever met. Inspirational. Being even half as tenacious as Mal would be a major accomplishment for anybody.

Heal well and give 'em hell, buddy.

duncan... · · London, UK · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 55

Never met him but the enormocast interview with Mal is one of my favourites out of nearly all of them. Get well soon.

George Bracksieck · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 4,040

Malcolm and Karen cooking up delicious paella for a big crowd, last August.

PTR · · NEPA · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 5

Bump for a legend.

Brent Kelly · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 186

Godspeed in your recovery, Mal.

We’re pulling for you (and counting on you). 

You inspire the best in us. 

Looking forward to joining you in the cheering section at a climbing World Cup soon!
Dara · · Peep's republic · Joined Dec 2009 · Points: 21

Mal! When you moved to Idaho a couple of weeks ago, Boulder lost a true legend. You’ve always been the go-to guy for crazy stories, a good laugh, and great advice. (And apparently fabulous recipes? Give ‘em up, Mal!) You never said  “no” when the BCC came asking for help, and we are so grateful.


When I got the news of your stroke, I worried we would *all* lose you this time....but you’ve proven to be indestructible so far. SO glad you’re improving!
(Nice work, H, starting this thread)
Cindy · · Lafayette, CO · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 20

Get well, Mal!
My boys would like to see your foot in action if you’re ever back in Boulder.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Malcolm Daly..."sign" a card for him?"

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.