Mountain Project Logo

Crag dogs are cool...

Original Post
Josh Cook · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

One thing I love more than anything else is parking at a pull off for a crag, starting my approach through beautiful high desert, and stumbling upon multiple bags of dog s&$*. Those bags are the perfect highlight to a great day of climbing. I mean can you imagine a day of climbing without shit scattered around the trail, flies buzzing around the bags. I just love it. I think more people should bring their unruly dogs to the crag so when I’m walking by I have to cower away from the rabid animals that viciously bark at me. That is the key beta for a send. 

Rocket Alchemy · · Louisville, CO · Joined Oct 2018 · Points: 0

You have a solution for this madness? Eye usually bring a grabber along, with several bags. The smell can get pretty bad. Devils head in CO was by far the most dog shit bags eye cleaned.

Honestly if it bugs you that much, clean it. 

CTB · · Cave Creek, AZ · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 305

Just stay home

CTB wrote: Just stay home

But then he won.t be able to enjoy the cool crag dogs.

Kev V · · The mitten · Joined May 2013 · Points: 10

Did you in fact verify that the bags all contained s&$* from dogs? I've noticed a recent uptick in domesticated pigs being brought to crags.. 

Nicholas Gillman · · Las Vegas · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 327
Live Perched · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 21

If you’re are complaining now about bagged dog feces; I have no doubt you will spend the rest of your life complaining about a litany of insignificant nits and nats.  Good luck with that.   

Stephen L · · Atl GA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 130

All the hater comments = dog owners that let their mutts crap all over the place.

It's a legitimate issue out of many. Unfortunately it's already a tired one. 

I just wanted everyone to know how cool it is they rescued a dog for the sole purpose of forcing it to watch them climb and gave them the freedom to crap all over the place. 

CTB wrote: Just stay home

No.

Kev V wrote: Did you in fact verify that the bags all contained s&$* from dogs? I've noticed a recent uptick in domesticated pigs being brought to crags.. 

Kev I have noticed that a ton of bipedal domesticated pigs have been brought to the crags recently idk what is going on. It must be the Boulderites

Christopher Payan · · EL PASO, TX · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 141

if at a sport crag, I usually have my stick clip. I then pick up every single bag of dog poo and hang it from the end like a flag as I walk up and through the climbing area.  There are specific bag colors, and I think people subtly get the hint. I have picked up around 12 bags of dog poo that weren't mine from a single crag on a single day. AND I do have a dog and bring it to the crag with me EVERY time I go out. I really don't get the bagging and leaving it there to 'pick up on the way out'.

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0
Josh Cook wrote:

Kev I have noticed that a ton of bipedal domesticated pigs have been brought to the crags recently idk what is going on. It must be the Boulderites

Bipedal domesticated pigs? 

We are all fucked. 
Mike Womack · · Orcutt, CA · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 2,015

Crag Babies > Crag Dogs > Sketchy Crag Noobs > Obnoxious spring break d-bags crag noobs

bus driver · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 1,516
Christopher Payan wrote: ...  I really don't get the bagging and leaving it there to 'pick up on the way out'.

This.  Someone please explain.  I don’t see much difference between litter from McDonalds and litter from a dog owner. Except dog owners would probably frown on McDonalds garbage on the side of a trail.   And there’s a lot more dog owner litter than MDonalds litter on trails and in nature.

Tip:  You usually don’t come back and pick it up. And even if you do, Everyone else that day has to look at it.  I for one would rather you flick the pop FAR off the trail if you are just going to bag it and leave it. 

If you can tie the bag closed, you can tie it onto your pack. 
Christopher Payan wrote: if at a sport crag, I usually have my stick clip. I then pick up every single bag of dog poo and hang it from the end like a flag as I walk up and through the climbing area.  There are specific bag colors, and I think people subtly get the hint. I have picked up around 12 bags of dog poo that weren't mine from a single crag on a single day. AND I do have a dog and bring it to the crag with me EVERY time I go out. I really don't get the bagging and leaving it there to 'pick up on the way out'.

You are an example of a good, logical person. 

Oh the human experience is always an interesting one 

Stagg54 Taggart · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 10
Christopher Payan wrote:  I really don't get the bagging and leaving it there to 'pick up on the way out'.

Yeah right!  That is why it is still there 6 months later.  Oh they probably meant they were waiting for there mom to come pick up after them or something...

Ben Pellerin · · Spaceship Earth · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

It's about personal responsibility you're dog makes a mess you clean it up don't be a pos

bus driver · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 1,516
Ben Pellerin wrote: It's about personal responsibility you're dog makes a mess you clean it up don't be a pos

It seems like people think that they ARE cleaning up by putting it in the bag.  .  . But then they leave the bag.  

Mike Lane · · AnCapistan · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 880

This far into the internet and you're afraid to actually type the word SHIT?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Crag dogs are cool..."

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started