Mountain Project Logo

New England ReSoul - Experiences?

Original Post
Andrew Hess · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

I read great things here about NER and sent my Pinks off to them last week. When I checked in, I was told that resoling should take 5-6 weeks! Is this normal? How long did it take you to get yours resoled? I figure that, with shipping, this means that I'll be without my beloved Pinks for about two months.

Thanks,
Andrew

chris blatchley · · woodinville, wa · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 6

That's about what I experienced.

wivanoff · · Northeast, USA · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 674

Yes, about 5 weeks was my experience. They did a good job for $30 at the time. I think it's a bit more now

Nol Huther · · Burlington, VT · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 1,652

Plattsburgh Shoe Hospital does a good job and has a faster turnaround as I recall. I've sent them two resoles so far and would do so again. Just something to consider in the future

Sean Coit · · Durham, NH · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I had about that timeline...the guy's cat peed in my shoes though and I didn't find out until I opened up the mailing bag. Nice guy though!

Mike Collins · · Northampton, MA · Joined May 2013 · Points: 0

I sent a pair of shoes there once and 1. it took forever and 2. they came back so shitty the glue that held the sole on was literally falling apart. My friend also had this same experience.

I have used yosemite bum multiple times now, I just got a pair back it took just under three weeks and I live in MA and they are in CA hahah. They also look brand new. People have their opinions on rubber so I'll leave that at that..

caesar.salad · · earth · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 75

He is the only guy in New England who does it so he is constantly swamped. I've had several good experiences though, just a long turn around.

Climb On · · Everywhere · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

I’ll never use them again. My shoes came back with the toes in completely different shapes and they started to peel almost immediately. I had them resoled by someone else long before they were due because I hated them so much. 

Andrew Williams · · Concord, NH · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 625

I have only ever had my shoes turn out great. Have been able to get shoes back in a week before when the ex waited until last minute before a trip to get shoes resoled. Though I do drive down to drop them off and pick them up.

I have never had a problem with the craftsmanship. All of my resoles have been solid. Though I have heard people say otherwise. 

Crap.

Kristen Fiore · · Burlington, VT · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 3,378

If you happen to be resoling an Evolv brand shoe send it to their in-house resoling, Yosemite Bum. No other resole will come close. Don't even question this, it's worth it.

Turnaround: 2 weeks
Price: ~$40, cheaper with a coupon
Quality: Literally as close to a new shoe as you can get.

Brent D · · New England · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 279

Last year I was about to send my katanas in until a friend told me about his poor experience, so I opted for Plattsburgh shoe hospital instead. Super happy with the results! 

FWIW, after briefly considering getting a new pair of shoes (trip coming up, plus I'm always looking to buy gear   ), I called Ri at New England ReSoul. He was super friendly and helpful and quickly offerred to expedite my shoes.

Thanks,
Ri!

Aunt Patty · · Fryeburg, ME · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 126

Not to create an echo chamber, but I tried them out a year ago just to support a local guy.  A buddy of mine had just gotten his shoes back, (also 2 months after) and the shoes were delaminating already. I figured it was a bad batch, tried it anyway.
Horrible experience. Took more than 2 months, when I contacted the guy(he wouldn't return my calls, only responded on FB) to see what was going on he went on about the plight of small business, how it takes so long for the glue to cure properly etc. when I finally got the shoes back, they fell to pieces in about 2 weeks. Womp

Clare Kane · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

Also had a terrible experience with them - took 2 months and the shoes are useless. 

Mike Sallade · · Kingston, NH · Joined Mar 2019 · Points: 0

I have had shoes delaminate from nearly all resolers you can think of, rubber room, Yosemite Bum, etc.  I have also had great shoes come back from them as well.  I've been exclusive to New England Resole for a number of years and have had no problems.  Plus he garuntees his work, so if you get a bum Resole, send the back.  

Mike Veazey · · Exeter, NH · Joined May 2008 · Points: 6,548
  1. Wow.  Surprised at some of the comments here.  I've had 7 or 8 pairs of shoes (climbing and approach) done by New England Resole over the course of many years.  They always come back looking like they came straight off the factory line.  Perfect every time.  
Devin Krevetski · · Northfield, VT · Joined May 2008 · Points: 140
Mike Sallade wrote: I have had shoes delaminate from nearly all resolers you can think of......
At a certain point, you need to wonder if that might be operator error.
jim.dangle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 5,882

I tried them when they first opened and they took a long time and didn’t do a great job.   They seem like good people but I haven’t used them since.  

Plattsburgh Shoe Hospital is the best in the NE IMHO

Tighe Blackadar · · Bridgton ME · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 141

My experience has always been positive. I've had 4 or 5 pairs of shoes resoled by NES and all have come back in perfect condition. I have referred others to them who had the same experience I did. As for the timeline, I'm sure there are bigger shops that pump work out the door faster but Its important to me to support local and small businesses so if the trade-off is an extra week or two training in my old shoes to keep my dollar in the community, I'm okay with that. 

Eli Buzzell · · noco · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 5,507

I wanted to support a local guy, but i've had two pairs delaminate and they take forever.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "New England ReSoul - Experiences?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started