Mountain Project Logo

Five Ten ... Adidas

Pat S · · SLC · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

Looks like it days Hf in the lower right of the picture of the shoe stand.  Curious to see how these will be.

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

Design is a lot uglier than the original, but the toe patch could be handy.

Haha!  Wow, you’ve got a good eye.

Double J · · Sandy, UT · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 3,952
Alan Zhan · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 156

Tom Stoltz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 0

RIP Five Ten. Mad Rock anyone?

Karl Walters · · Oakland, CA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 106

New shoes look so much better, but it's not like I buy climbing shoes to look good.

Doug Lintz · · Kearney, NE · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 1,196
Tom Stoltz wrote: RIP Five Ten. Mad Rock anyone?

No

So Five Ten posted some more pics from the industry event in Germany...apparently the Aleon was developed by Fred Nicole, who also developed the Dragons.  Super psyched for those...they look like a pointier version of the Teams.

https://instagram.com/p/BkMwIuaHS8H/

Karl Walters · · Oakland, CA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 106

I'm excited for them too- a Hiangle crossed with a Team and updated materials. Not excited for the 1 year wait time.

Doug Chism · · Arlington VA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 45
Pat Schafer wrote: Looks like it days Hf in the lower right of the picture of the shoe stand.  Curious to see how these will be.

It clearly says C4, you need glasses.

Bryan K · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 525
Doug Chism wrote:

It clearly says C4, you need glasses.

It says Hf in the picture for the Dragons.  You need to look at the correct picture.

Dragons have traditionally used HF and will hopefully continue to do so.  Brilliant stuff.

Some more updates on the Aleon...sounds very promising.  Hopefully this new Adidas shoe tech will help improve climbing shoes.

Slim Chuffer · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Could've used more marketing buzz words.

Forthright · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 110

"collaboration with Adidas"

da fuq

That's like saying Infinity collaborated with Nissan on a new car. Even though climbing shoe industry has really been lagging behind in general with the pace of advance shoe manufacturing tech, having 4 way stretch on a tongue is hardly groundbreaking in the scheme of things.

Looks like a decent shoe and glad they're moving away from some of their last. 5.10 has been behind in lasts for a while in climbing and biking. They're not all bad don't get me wrong, but don't even get me started on their clipless shoe fit *puke*  

Alan Zhan · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 156

when we getting ultralight flynit climbing shoes

nike where u at

Mike Knight · · Detroit, MI · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 55
Chris Johnson · · Boulder, CO · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 15

Thought this might be an appropriate place to put this.

I want to give a shout-out to the Adidas Outdoor team. I've had a pair of 5.10 Rogues for almost three years and they always stain my feet blue. When I first bought them, I figured it would stop at some point. After a while, I just got used to it.

A few weeks ago, I did a long multipitch in the shoes and at the top, I was wiping dye off the soles of my feet onto some rocks. My feet looked like smurf feet. I sent Adidas a pic and just gave them a heads up. The shoes are so old, I wasn't expecting anything. They've been resoled, the leather is tearing in a few places, and they smell. I worked with Dana and she just sent me a brand new pair of Rogues. She said they've known some of the first runs had issues with the dye and that they've since sorted it out, but was sorry I've been putting up with it for so long. Props to Adidas for handling it in the absolute best way.

Forthright · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 110
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Five Ten ... Adidas "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started