Mountain Project Logo

To the Douche Nozzle with the Steph Davis look-a-like partner in glacier gorge- Friday Night.

Original Post
Vanilla Drilla From Manila · · Goiter, CO · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 50

I just want to remind people that there is no reason to be a goddamned weirdo, overly territorial, or a douche nozzle when bivying in the alpine. Without writing a 5 paragraph description of the conflict we encountered, I would say that it is highly frowned upon to take up 2 bivy sites for yourself and your gear, especially when each site independently has more than enough space for you and the plethora of shit you dragged up there. 

Also, my partner apologized to you, but I'd like to say that when you loudly whined about "only being able to get up here every three years" I felt bad for whatever predicament in your life put such time limitations on your climbing. The next morning when you said you were from Colorado Springs, I thought you were a crybaby and it's your own damn fault you can't find time to drive 2.5 hours to RMNP.

This cant be the new breed of "hard man", can it?

AGFW · · Colorado · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 0

Preach!!!!

jg fox · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 5

I feel there is a good story behind this post...

Chris Hill · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2007 · Points: 0

See, this is why I don't alpine climb.

reboot · · . · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 125

Was the "Steph Davis look-a-like partner" part really necessary? What does the douche nozzle look like?

Big B · · Reno, NV · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 1

Steph Davis (for reference)
Forever Outside · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 270

BOOM ROASTED!  

Andrew Rice · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 11

Seems like the answer to the issue is in the headline. Perhaps the "douche nozzle" bunking down with the "Steph Davis look-a-like" wasn't anxious to have your company intruding on his open-air delights? And, thus, constructed a bit of a defensible perimeter. 

ddriver · · SLC · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 2,084
Dirt Squirrel wrote:

I just want to remind people that there is no reason to be a goddamned weirdo, overly territorial, or a douche nozzle when bivying in the alpine. Without writing a 5 paragraph description of the conflict we encountered, I would say that it is highly frowned upon to take up 2 bivy sites for yourself and your gear, especially when each site independently has more than enough space for you and the plethora of shit you dragged up there. 

Also, my partner apologized to you, but I'd like to say that when you loudly whined about "only being able to get up here every three years" I felt bad for whatever predicament in your life put such time limitations on your climbing. The next morning when you said you were from Colorado Springs, I thought you were a crybaby and it's your own damn fault you can't find time to drive 2.5 hours to RMNP.

This cant be the new breed of "hard man", can it?

Finally a thread I can get fully behind. OP said it all perfect like.  Now, excuse me while I go over to the thread with 10 pages of nonsense whining about how to build an anchor, or was it the one about which direction I should blow my smoke...  That is some riveting shit there. 

AndrewArroz wrote:

Seems like the answer to the issue is in the headline. Perhaps the "douche nozzle" bunking down with the "Steph Davis look-a-like" wasn't anxious to have your company intruding on his open-air delights? And, thus, constructed a bit of a defensible perimeter. 

Iowno, there was a wall betwixt the two sites.

Two clearly independent bivy sites... oh, and they left the next morning to go home, not go climbing...

I said my piece, National Parks, wilderness areas, etc... are not places for your Ayn Rand dystopian wet dreams. Want privacy? Buy all the permits, then you can be king of the castle up there. 

Robert Daniel · · Golden, CO · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 225
Skye Swoboda-Colberg wrote:

Come on guy, its kind of weird to complain on MP, and then refuse to complain on MP. Do it so we can judge every nuance of the "conflict" from out comfy armchairs. I'm sure there is blame on both sides, but also some very good people on both sides

So very Donald J. Trump of you

cragmantoo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 175
Robert Daniel. wrote:

Very fine people. LOL

AndrewArroz wrote:

Maybe they need to get a room....

Privacy outdoors is nice but not always achievable if one goes to a popular location...

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252
Robert Daniel. wrote:

I'm fairly confident that no Nazis were involved in this exchange.

TheBirdman Friedman · · Eldorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2010 · Points: 65

Bivy sites in the Park are getting absurd. Admittedly I didn't look close enough to see if there was a compelling justification (i.e. small child) but someone had a north face dome tent parked in the bivy cave at the west side of Chasm Lake this past weekend. 

Bad enough you're going to use a tent, which is expressly prohibited, but to do it while also occupying a prime bivy site seems absurd.

Claiming to own two bivy sites so nobody is right next to you while you try to get up on your girl is pretty pathetic. If you're that into getting down in nature, take a walk. Plenty of places to get busy in Glacier Gorge that aren't a bivy site...

Very fine people on both sides

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0
cragmantoo wrote:

Very fine people on both sides

gold

Backstory: 

My partner and I were wandering up to the bivy sites at the base of spearhead at 11 pm. We found the one which is causing the contentious atmosphere by walking towards the headlamps we saw.

We arrived at said double site and were met with a less than genial greeting. In actuality it was along the lines of "you have got to be fucking kidding me there are like 5 other bivy sites and I sure hope they're all full". Meanwhile, the party in question had a rope, two pairs of shoes, and the like occupying about 3 square feet in the middle of the bivy site, which was clearly separated by a wall. 

Aggro dude comes storming out after we said, "nah we're sleeping here, it looks dry, and we'll just scoot your shit to one side" and starts making a big stink. The story from the top follows from there.

Oh, and I'm not sorry for throwing up at 5:45 am.

Clayton Rardon · · Yucca Valley, CA · Joined Jan 2003 · Points: 260
Ted Pinson wrote:

I'm fairly confident that no Nazis were involved in this exchange.

no Donny, these men are nihilists. There's nothing to be afraid of.

Colonel Mustard · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Sep 2005 · Points: 1,241

Mmmmm... You feel that? Oh, yes, enjoy the warm mud sauna seltzer of passive aggression as it lathers all over your hiney.

rob rebel · · Bend, OR · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 5

This is the main bivy site at Spearhead? Under the one large rock with not a wall but some rocks built up to separate tight sleeping quarters? It is a tight space for two parties if I remember correctly, we were fine with 3 guys under there but we wouldnt have welcomed you with open arms if two dudes showed up at 11 pm when we are trying to get some shut eye for an alpine start. And you are not sorry for throwing up at 545 am. Glad I moved out of Colorado. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "To the Douche Nozzle with the Steph Davis look-…"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.