Mountain Project Logo

To the Douche Nozzle with the Steph Davis look-a-like partner in glacier gorge- Friday Night.

Fehim Hasecic · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 215
Dirt Squirrel wrote:

This cant be the new breed of "hard man", can it?

It seems like you answered this question with your post.

Glenn Schuler · · Monument, Co. · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 1,330
Dirt Squirrel wrote:

Backstory: 

"you have got to be fucking kidding me there are like 5 other bivy sites and I sure hope they're all full". 

Well, were they all full? 

Aaron Pulda · · Seattle, WA · Joined May 2012 · Points: 0

Wish I had a steph davis look-a-like to bivy with, 

jg fox · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 5
Aaron Pulda wrote:

Wish I had a steph davis look-a-like to bivy with, 

We all do which is why I won't hate on the "Douche Nozzle."  The guy was living the dream.

Andrew Rice · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 11

I'm generally pretty easy going but if I'm camped in the middle of nowhere and at 11 o'clock someone stumbles out of the darkness, moves my gear, and sets up camp 5 feet from me, it better be a big f'ing emergency that caused that to happen. Especially when there are other nearby options.  Throw Steph Davis into the mix and I think I'd probably react even more like a bull elk. Its fine if that makes me a douche-nozzle.

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

Were you smoke free?  That's all that matters!    

Dark Helmet · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 995

The "contentious atmosphere" bivy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Ack5zabOI

cragmantoo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 175
Justin Skaare wrote:

The "contentious atmosphere" bivy:

I don't think I'd care to share that bivy with another party if I didn't have to (esp if Steph in my sleeping bag)

Andy Novak · · Bailey, CO · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 370
Dirt Squirrel wrote:

Backstory: 

My partner and I were wandering up to the bivy sites at the base of spearhead at 11 pm. We found the one which is causing the contentious atmosphere by walking towards the headlamps we saw.

We arrived at said double site and were met with a less than genial greeting. In actuality it was along the lines of "you have got to be fucking kidding me there are like 5 other bivy sites and I sure hope they're all full". 

LOL. So, you crash their party at 11 pm and you're surprised the dude was upset? If I were him I would have said the exact same thing. Did you make any attempt to find, ummm, ANOTHER place to sleep? Or did you just set up shop in their cave without even looking?   

Vanilla Drilla From Manila · · Goiter, CO · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 50
cragmantoo wrote:

I don't think I'd care to share that bivy with another party if I didn't have to (esp if Steph in my sleeping bag)

It was not that bivy. That bivy was down by one of the glaciers, this is the uppermost one by the base of spearhead. 

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0

You're OP is misleading. You made it sound like you showed up at happy hour. I would've been a dick too if you Rolled in at 11 pm. 

Also, the original reason I wanted to post was to find the dude, because he left something in the other bivy.
David Deville · · Fayetteville, AR · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 90

Did you check anywhere else? It sort of sounds like your justification is that you got a late start and it was dark when you got there... so you had to use signs of other people who got there first to guide you to your bivy. Most would only bivy right next to strangers (uninvited) if it was a last resort.

Kevin DeWeese · · Oakland, CA · Joined May 2014 · Points: 1
Dirt Squirrel wrote:

Also, the original reason I wanted to post was to find the dude, because he left something in the other bivy.

Rules? Yes

Context? Apparently not.

Oh, I left out that I watched movies and giggled all night too.

kingfisher · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

You show up to a wilderness bivy at 11 pm, see another party in the spot and proceed to squeeze in next to them? And you're surprised by the response? 

Perhaps you should have considered respecting their space, and the general nature of the backcountry experience, by finding another spot. 

Complaining on here about how you were treated is the cherry on top.

C'mon man. 

Andrew Rice · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 11

The great news for all you Colorado folk is that Dirt Squirrel is available in the Partner Finder. 

cragmantoo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 175

Were there barking dogs or crying crag babies in the bivy?

eli poss · · Durango, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 525
Skye Swoboda-Colberg wrote:

Did you send? Did they send? Did anybody send?

Sounds like at least part of the douche nozzle was sending it. I think we all would be if we had a Steph Davis look-a-like around.

Rich Brereton · · Pownal, ME · Joined May 2009 · Points: 175

Listen to all these wannabe wang slappers who don't know the first thing about Spearhead and finding a bivy in Glacier Gorge. But the experience you had is kinda why I would never just throw my shit down five feet from strangers without making sure it's cool first. And if it's 11pm and they're sleeping, well, you can't make sure first.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "To the Douche Nozzle with the Steph Davis look-…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started