Mountain Project Logo

Post Awesome Trad Movies Here

William Sonoma · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 3,550

Thats a good one Jake. I really enjoy listening/watching/experiencing experienced "bold" climbers talk about how shit the gear is. Another example that youd all know is Hazel Findlays latest piece in Reel Rock 8. So calm with such a "no big deal" attitude (sometimes) when talking about shit gear. I love it! chaos and calm existing harmoniously that = "bold" climbing to me.

Thanks for sharing dude.

MorganH · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 197

This is definitely a home-made video, but I think it's still pretty fun to watch, and it's definitely tRAD gripping.

Index - Washington

Andrew Stegs · · Broomfield, CO · Joined Dec 2009 · Points: 10

Just keeping it going:

epictv.com/media/podcast/dr…

jim.dangle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 5,882
Andrew.Stegs wrote:Just keeping it going: epictv.com/media/podcast/dr…

This is sick! That pitch looks amazing. I watched the rest of the series too. I hope they edit it into a longer video as its really good. Bit like vertical sailing. Just goes to show the best climbing movies can be made without a production crew or professional photographer.

I note O'Driscoll's rattail is coming along nicely too.

Jim

Robert Fogle · · Juneau, AK · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 35

http://vimeo.com/77473322

Chris Dickson · · Ophir, CO · Joined May 2011 · Points: 1,077

Again, while these may not be "awesome" trad movies, these two films depict some of my friends rocking out on some trad in Indian Creek and on Pikes Peak on some splitter cracks. Also, the Creek flick features some chicks climbing trad, which is always inspiring!

vimeo.com/64190641

https://vimeo.com/77658971

Sirius · · Oakland, CA · Joined Nov 2003 · Points: 660

The line of Pikes looks great! What climb is it, do you know? Wonder if it's that Arching Jams climb you hear about from time to time.

Chris Dickson · · Ophir, CO · Joined May 2011 · Points: 1,077

Sirius, yes I do know, and no that is not Arching Jams. These routes are just two of the many other classic crack lines on the Peak. I'd say more, but there's somewhat of an ethic, a tradition if you will, that I have pledged to uphold, haha. So, good luck finding it and happy adventurin!

Nate Solnit · · Bath, NH · Joined May 2013 · Points: 0

Not sure about all these other vids. This is real climbing
youtube.com/watch?v=uKlYTn_…

Jeff Johnston · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 110
Nate Solnit wrote:Not sure about all these other vids. This is real climbing youtube.com/watch?v=uKlYTn_…

Now that is real climbing, discrete top rope, tailing a short piece of yellow rope, while plugging in pro and not clipping any pieces that I could tell. Truly different climbing than what I am use to.

Austin Baird · · SLC, Utah · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 95

http://vimeo.com/16246041

climber57 Jones · · Saint John, NB · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 60

what beautiful rock, and a great video

Aaron D White · · Provo, UT · Joined May 2009 · Points: 361

Sasquatch, Little Cottonwood Canyon, Utah
youtube.com/watch?v=Ho07yHm…;feature=youtu.be

Darren Mabe · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2002 · Points: 3,669
climber57 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKc_LkFJrGI

6:51 is hilarious. this coming from the year 1984

Brian Hudson · · Jasper, TN · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 95
Nate Solnit wrote:Not sure about all these other vids. This is real climbing youtube.com/watch?v=uKlYTn_…

yep. What a fake. I'm sure they tried as hard as they could to hide the toprope. I like the message in the video and sure it's inspiring, but when I realized he was intentionally trying to appear on lead without actually doing it (why else would he tag that short piece), meh.

Nate Solnit · · Bath, NH · Joined May 2013 · Points: 0

The best part is the youtube comments. Much like MP you get the shit throwing from moderately experienced to total noob climbers, but the spectrum extends to include people who are just putting the words rock and climb together for the first time. Hilarity and general wrongness ensues.

Wes D · · Brevard, NC · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 220

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXIgLXbOx1w

Darren Mabe · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2002 · Points: 3,669

dont know if this has been posted already, but this was entertaining:

vimeo.com/58901749

Adam Paashaus · · Greensboro, NC · Joined May 2007 · Points: 791

Skyline at the City.
vimeo.com/74006002

Tyler N · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 155

^ Nice job finding pro up on that top section. I must've run it out about 20 or 30 feet from the crack to the anchors.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.