Mountain Project Logo

Rock Gym Pro - Free Climbing Gym Management Software

Original Post
Andy Laakmann · · Bend, OR · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,990

Know anyone pulling their hair out trying to manage a climbing gym? Or starting their own? Send them here.....

Rock Gym Pro - Climbing Gym Management Software
rockgympro.com

Built by me, after being frustrated by existing health club software packages. I own a climbing gym - Enclosure Climbing Center - and we use it to run and manage all aspects of our gym. The software is really a labor of love, but hopefully some other gyms might find it useful.

Happiegrrrl · · Gunks · Joined Dec 2005 · Points: 60

Sounds like you've got yourself a real "get rich quick!" scheme running there....hahah.

Good luck in getting your software out there; it would be pretty cool if it became widely used in rock gyms, not only to help you recoup on the expense in developing but....just because.

TresSki Roach · · Santa Fe, NM · Joined May 2002 · Points: 605

Is this the package that the CWA talked about during the conference in early Spring?

It may have been, as I was there discussing it. A health club software company had talked about doing a custom version of their product as well (just for climbing gyms), but they've scrapped that idea.

Rock Gym Pro is free to use beginning October 1st. See annoucement here: rockgympro.com/?p=144

Peter Franzen · · Phoenix, AZ · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 3,730

That looks fantastic Andy! I often find myself thinking about how to improve or create software packages like this, and it looks like you've put some great features in there.

It's the real deal. I spent 12 months developing it and use it at the busy commercial climbing gym I own. Hopefully other gyms will find it useful.

As promised, Rock Gym Pro is now available for free download. It is licensed under the GPL.

rockgympro.com/

This software is the real deal. We use it to manage our busy gym (700+ members), including all aspects of customer management, POS, electronic billing via credit card or ACH draft, etc. It is designed to run in a networked environment and uses MySQL Server as the backend database.

I'm slowly building up the FAQ (available under Support) as questions are asked. So if you have a question, ask it!

I plan to post a video demo in a few weeks, for those that don't want to go through the trouble of installing the software.

Feature bump!

Rock Gym Pro now has X-Charge integrated for seamless point-of-sale credit card processing and one click billing.

And it's still 100% free (Rock Gym Pro that is, I can't help you with credit card processing fees!)

rockgympro.com/?p=261

Best Regards,
Andy

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Rock Gym Pro - Free Climbing Gym Management Sof…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started