Hite Area Rock Climbing
|GPS:||37.86, -110.404 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||16,899 total · 298/month|
|Shared By:||Anus Herder on May 17, 2016|
|Admins:||Andrew Gram, Nathan Fisher, Perin Blanchard, GRK, DCrane|
- Climbing and/or rappelling by any means on any man-made structures.
- Technical rock climbing within 1/4 mile of occupied Peregrine Falcon, Bald Eagle, Condor and
- Leaving gear and equipment used in connection with climbing activities unattended. The gear and
limited to pitons, chocks, bolts and all other climbing aids.
- The use of glue or other aids that are permanent or leave a visible or long lasting residue.
- Climbing within the boundaries of Rainbow Bridge NM.
The above regulations may be found in this document.nps.gov/glca/parkmgmt/loade…
After passing around mile 165 backcountry permits are required. These are issued by Canyonlands NP.
Phone: Hite NPS Ranger Station: (435) 684-2457
Canyons, Miles, Camping
Red Canyon mile 125. It has many good campsites and there is history to this area.
Blue Notch Canyon 125.5 there are some campsites.
Scorup Canyon mile 128 no campsites.
Fourmile Canyon mile 132, several good campsites.
Twomile Canyon mile 134, no campsites.
Trachyte Canyon mile 135 little camping.
White Canyon mile 135 has some camping. Accessible by road.
Farley Canyon, also at Mile 135, has good campsites. Accessible by road.
North Wash mile 139 has good campsites.
The Dirty Devil River Canyon mile 141 some camping at mouth.
Rock Canyon Mile 143 some camping
Sheep Canyon mile 148 some camping.
Dark Canyon mile 154 little to no camping.
Cove Canyon mile 157, no campsites.
Classic Climbing Routes at Hite Area
Days w Precip