Avg: 3.3 from 4 votes
|Type:||Trad, 150 ft (45 m), 3 pitches|
|FA:||FFA Scott Carson and Paul Harvey 1998|
|Page Views:||1,867 total · 33/month|
|Shared By:||Anus Herder on May 23, 2016|
|Admins:||Andrew Gram, Nathan Fisher, Perin Blanchard, GRK, DCrane|
- Climbing and/or rappelling by any means on any man-made structures.
- Technical rock climbing within 1/4 mile of occupied Peregrine Falcon, Bald Eagle, Condor and
- Leaving gear and equipment used in connection with climbing activities unattended. The gear and
limited to pitons, chocks, bolts and all other climbing aids.
- The use of glue or other aids that are permanent or leave a visible or long lasting residue.
- Climbing within the boundaries of Rainbow Bridge NM.
The above regulations may be found in this document.nps.gov/glca/parkmgmt/loade…
The route starts up a 35 ft. 5.8 offwidth section to the base of an absolutely classic lightning bolt big hands crack (10+). Belay at the top of the crack at bolts. Next, make a face traverse left past one bolt (10+) to a fist crack which quickly opens to #4 Camalot size. At the top of the short offwidth section, traverse left 10 ft., step around the arete and climb face and crack to the top (5.9). Find rappel bolts on the opposite side of the tower. Take 2 ropes for the free-hanging rappel.