Lac Long Rock Climbing
|GPS:||46.813, -72.101 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||49,364 total · 645/month|
|Shared By:||Luc-514 on Apr 30, 2014|
-FQME 'Accès Montagne' membership (55$)
-For members of the Alpine Club of Canada an FQME 'Accès Montagne' upgrade (30$)
Or purchasing a 10$ day pass.
This money is used to pay the liability insurance for landowners regardless if they are private citizens, municipal or provincial.
The maintenance of cliffs and their access, replacing of fixed protection.
With the work of climbers, outdoor organizations and the city of St-Alban, the area was purchased in 2008 to allow secured access for the future, the whole area is being converted into a nature park allowing rock-climbing.
Please check the parks website for relevant access issues, camping and more information.
ACTION PLANS D'EAU PLEIN AIR
2, rang de l'église sud, C.p. 339
Saint-Alban de Portneuf (Québec)
Canada G0A 3B0
+1-855-284-4232 toll free
The Cliff is located on the other side of the lake and stream running from it, there's a couple bridges crossing it.
Even though it sports many sport routes, the area's ethics emphasizes Trad climbing, don't expect to find bolts when trad pro will fit.
Belays are equipped with bolts and chains, don't top-rope directly off the chains or glue ins, don't lower off the glue-ins, avoid lowering off the chains (rap if you can), on popular routes, don't hog the bolts and chain ends (leave them free for people descending).
60m single rope is ok, though it might be tight on some raps. Bring a full range rack from multiple small cams and nuts to larger pieces.
Use the first parking lot, Parking is $6.00 you can always carpool in Saint-Alban if you want.
A year pass for a car has now dropped to $25.00.
Some info on EQ
Some info on EQ
PDF Topo 2016:
version Francaise sur Escalade Quebec
English version on Escalade Quebec
Designed by Arian Manchego
Illustrations Valérie Levée, Jeff Beaulieu
Translation A. Manchego, Loic Briand
- Highway 40 East
- Exit 254 to the 363 North
- At the entrance of Saint-Marc-des-Carrieres, take a right at the fork onto Avenue Principale
- Continue heading North on Rang de l'Eglise S
- Cross the 354 towards Saint-Alban
- Cross the Saint-Anne River (there's Saint-Anne Gorges climbing area on your left)
- Stay on rue principale/Rang de l'Eglise N, cross the town heading North-East
- After a left curve, you're now on Route Montambault
- At a sharp right turn, take a left onto a dirt road heading North-West (the road on the right is rang de la Riviere Noire)
- Drive for 2km to a Tee intersection, take a right on chemin du lac Long.
- Drive for 7km and park at the first lot, the next lots are for cars with trailers.
From Quebec 1h 30 min
- Highway 40 West
Classic Climbing Routes at Lac Long
Days w Precip