McKelligon Canyon Rock Climbing
|GPS:||31.836, -106.484 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||8,341 total · 67/month|
|Shared By:||Lowell on Nov 30, 2007|
|Admins:||Hank Caylor, Matt Richardson, LeeAB Brinckerhoff|
Getting weather forecast...
DescriptionSolid rock with boxy crimps and ledges. Numerous sport climbs, top rope routes and a handful of trad. lines. Royal Robbin's visited this canyon for a short time while stationed at Ft. Bliss Military base in the mid 1950's. Soon after Robbin's found himself drawn to the Organ Mountain range (see New Mexico, Organ Mountains).
Park Headquarters 915-566-6441
- WALLS ARE CLOSED DURING AMPHITHEATER SHOWS
- PLEASE HELP COLLECT AND REMOVE TRASH
- DO NOT PRUNE, COLLECT OR DESTROY PLANT LIFE
- RESPECT OTHERS USING THE AREA
- KEEP SOUND POLLUTION TO A MINIMUM "Echo...echo"
- DO NOT LEAVE FIXED EQUIPMENT ON THE WALL OVER 24 HOURS
- NO CAMPING
- PAY ALL PARK FEES TO INSURE FUTURE CLIMBING
CLOSED DURING SHOWTIMES
When going to McKelligon Canyon you may want to check this link for amphitheater showtimes to avoid a botched trip: ticketmaster.com/McKelligon…
Classic Climbing Routes at McKelligon Canyon
Mountain Project's determination of the classic, most popular, highest rated climbing routes in this area.
Days w Precip
Prime Climbing Season