Mountain Project Logo

Seneca Rocks Free Camping

Original Post
Mitch Steiner · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 0

I've read and seen a lot of responses in regards to Seneca Shadows and Yokum's (Princess Snowbird) but I haven't seen much regarding free camping in dispersed camping sites. What is the closest area to Seneca? 

Without giving away your precious secret spot, what is a place you think is fairly well known? I've seen Glady Road but that is almost an hour away. Anything closer? 

And of course I am ready for "if it was well known, you'd know about it by now" or "if I told you, it would ruin it". So I'm not expecting much luck but any hints you can give would be great. 

S2k4 MattOates · · Kremmling, CO · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 126

Once you get their and explore the area, if you really want I think you will figure it out...that said There are really no dispersed camping areas near by except dolly sods wilderness 15 or 20 miles away ,However you can camp up on the rocks on the backside. To my knowledge you have to be up on a ledge on the backside, upper or lower broadway.

Tedk · · elliottsburg pa · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5

there is an old campground up 33/55  "whites run road"   i heard go back that road a bit and you will see where to camp, i have never been there, just relaying info..... i like the snowbird. doesnt cost much for what it is

Mitch Steiner · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 0

Alright thanks. Probably going to camp at snowbird just to be closer. Still can't really figure out how it works. Just drive up to an open area and set up shop? 

Nick Leiby · · Alexandria, VA · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 800

Just find an open spot- there are no defined sites.

https://www.yokum.com/campgrounds/princess-snowbird-campground/

"Check in for all cabins, motel rooms, bunkhouses, teepees and camping at the General Store, which is located at the intersection of US 33 and WV 28"

S2k4 MattOates · · Kremmling, CO · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 126

The general store usually closes at 8... I think Fri / sat they stay open till 9. ..? If you miss paying for camping or come in late they are chill about you paying when they open. There are fire rings and a new shower facility with toilets. When are you going Mitch ? Have partner? I'm not super strong yet but getting ready to head down soon 

Max Wiggins · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 930

There are sites up in the Seneca Creek area, but that still puts you 30ish minutes out 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Seneca Rocks Free Camping"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started