Mountain Project Logo

How to create a tick-list by specific areas?

Original Post
Señor Arroz · · LA, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 10

Wondering if there's an easy way to take one's tick list and export it by crag? So, for example, I would be able to create a tick list of all the J-tree climbs I'm planning to do and have it organized by specific areas in the park?

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 3,879

From your full list: https://www.mountainproject.com/user/111571968/senor-arroz/ticks
you can "Export CSV" (link near top of page).  You can open that file in Excel or Google Sheets and probably sort and filter in all kinds of ways.

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 3,879

BTW, you said tick list, but you might mean To-Do list.  Your full list is filterable and sortable here: https://www.mountainproject.com/user/111571968/senor-arroz/climb-todo-list

We don't have an export option for that list, but I suppose we could make one if people wanted it.

Nick, thank, you are correct, I really mean my to-do list to print out and use as a simple guide in the field.

My tick list is irrelevant. 

Steve G · · Portland, OR · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 27

Having an export option for personal tick lists would be super helpful. I was trying to do something similar today.

Chase G · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 157

I'd like to piggy back on this with a previous suggestion of mine:

It would be cool to be able to categorize routes in my to do list and assign them in to separate user-named lists. The current filters work great but don't have any element of user-categorization. Right now, I'm managing routes that I want to climb in an Excel spreadsheet. A direct example would be the ability to create multiple wishlists for an Amazon shopping account.

Example use cases:

• separate lists for each trip you're planning (e.g. :"Red Rock 2019")
  • a list of routes you want to do in a certain month of the year (e.g. "July Goals")
  • a list for a specific area (e.g. "Yosemite Free Climbs" or "Yosemite Big Walls")
  • a list of routes you want to climb with a specific person (e.g. "Routes to do with Bobby")
This would also require an extra step after clicking "To-Do" on a route, it would ask which list to add it to (unless you only have 1, then it could just add to the default list).

Additionally, inviting another user to contribute to/edit a to-do list could be cool as well and would allow for another layer of trip-planning.        

Exporting these lists would also be a great feature.
Andy Eiter · · Madison, WI · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 126
Chase G wrote: Additionally, inviting another user to contribute to/edit a to-do list could be cool as well and would allow for another layer of trip-planning.        

I would like this as well.

It could also be neat to have public lists, where anyone can add routes (e.g., Best Crack Climbs of X Area).

Andy Eiter wrote:

I would like this as well.

It could also be neat to have public lists, where anyone can add routes (e.g., Best Crack Climbs of X Area).

Yes. I'd love to have access to certain peoples "greatest hits." 

Steve G · · Portland, OR · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 27

I manually pulled my to-do list into a spreadsheet today and came up with an interesting new metric. Route Popularity = Star Rating x Number of Reviews.

It'd be interesting to aggregate more data and see the high scores by area or state.

M Alexander · · SLO, CA · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 32
Chase G wrote: I'd like to piggy back on this with a previous suggestion of mine:

It would be cool to be able to categorize routes in my to do list and assign them in to separate user-named lists. The current filters work great but don't have any element of user-categorization. Right now, I'm managing routes that I want to climb in an Excel spreadsheet. A direct example would be the ability to create multiple wishlists for an Amazon shopping account.

Example use cases:

• separate lists for each trip you're planning (e.g. :"Red Rock 2019")
  • a list of routes you want to do in a certain month of the year (e.g. "July Goals")
  • a list for a specific area (e.g. "Yosemite Free Climbs" or "Yosemite Big Walls")
  • a list of routes you want to climb with a specific person (e.g. "Routes to do with Bobby")
This would also require an extra step after clicking "To-Do" on a route, it would ask which list to add it to (unless you only have 1, then it could just add to the default list).

Additionally, inviting another user to contribute to/edit a to-do list could be cool as well and would allow for another layer of trip-planning.        

Exporting these lists would also be a great feature.

I was just about to make a new topic with this suggestion. I add routes to my to-do list for a bunch of different plans and so it kinda ruins the feature of sorting by area because I have a bunch of routes saved of different grades and type that aren't for the same trip. 

Having a "playlist" type feature would be awesome, especially having a way to have them editable by others.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "How to create a tick-list by specific areas? "