Mountain Project Logo

FOR SALE: Trad Rack- UPDATE

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Trevor Cox · · Ojai, California · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 116
UPDATE: BD CAMS SOLD. For all the rest I’m asking $140. Buyer pays shipping.

Looking to sell my trad rack, nearly a double rack of cams + full set of nuts and DMM Offset sweet set. Metolius Nut tool.  Not looking to part out pieces.
.3-3 BD Camalot, 1.25 - 2.5 Wild Country cams all lobes in good->great shape. All trigger wires in great shape.
RACKING BINERS INCLUDED.

There won't be a piece that you question upon purchase. With that said: This is used climbing gear, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Chris Wright · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 0

Good luck.

@Chris, been out of the game for a while... not sure where this set should land. Maybe that's what I spent putting it together piece by piece on discount websites.. unsure. Updated for now until I gauge something different. 

Delaney Bray-Stone · · Kimberley, BC · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 5

Those cams look like they would average out to ~35 dollars each sold individually based on what I have seen things going for on this forum, FYI. Maybe adding a few bucks each for racking biners. But presumably you'd offer a bit of a better deal for someone buying all of it. Just my 2 cents since you seem to be open to advice with this regard.

Best of luck!!

TOTALLY OPEN TO OFFERS, PLEASE SOMEONE SAVE ME FROM GUESSING WHAT I SHOULD SELL THESE FOR. 

Benjamin Chapman · · Small Town, USA · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 19,232

Trevor...looks like so good used gear. Delaney's quote of $35 per cam seems a bit low. Typically I see used Camalots are going for $37 - $40 for 0.4 - 0.5 and up to $50 for #3s. I have a couple sets (6 cams) I'm looking to sell (0.4 - #3) for a flat $35 each or $210 (including shipping) and that price is pretty generous. Just thought you could use a point of reference. Caveat Emptor. There's always some knucklehead on MP trying to lowball. Good luck with your gear sale.

Cheers man! I appreciate it. 

I specifically wrote that I thought it would average out to that, not that every cam should sell for that. The WC tech friends look to be in good shape, as do the C4s, so maybe you can get a bit higher than what I suggested. It's just the ballpark of what I've seen this stuff go for.

Again, best of luck! Your gear looks to be in pretty good shape, it should sell if you're willing to let it go at around those prices!

Cheers,

D

Chris Wright · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 0

Let's be real.  Douglas you might be the only person here that would pay $40 per cam. New smaller size BD cams can be purchased for $45 right now on S&C.  As with anything that is used, the value of something previously owned (especially a mechanical item) would fall into the 50%-60% realm of the new price.  Especially considering that these do not include shipping or any form or warranty.  I'm not lowballing bc these aren't the style cams I want to purchase.  I am simply stating how the used stuff market is in America.  As Briggs stated, if you are looking to sell a large lot of something, you can expect to get even less than the 50-60%.  If you are looking to get max value for these items you will have to separate this stuff and piece it out individually.   As a lot, if you really want to sell it in a reasonable time, you better put $400- $450 on it and let it go.  Otherwise I'd assume we will see it sit here a while.

Update bump

David Martinez · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Trevor, ill buy if you still have everything in the picture for 140

RobMcV · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2012 · Points: 0
Trevor Cox wrote: UPDATE: BD CAMS SOLD. For all the rest I’m asking $140. Buyer pays shipping. 

Looking to sell my trad rack, nearly a double rack of cams + full set of nuts and DMM Offset sweet set. Metolius Nut tool.  Not looking to part out pieces.
.3-3 BD Camalot, 1.25 - 2.5 Wild Country cams all lobes in good->great shape. All trigger wires in great shape.
RACKING BINERS INCLUDED.

There won't be a piece that you question upon purchase. With that said: This is used climbing gear, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I’ll take the loot for $140+ shipping?  Pm me.

Hey David, Rob, let’s make this deal happen! Please message me on MP! 

Trevor Cox wrote: Hey David, Rob, let’s make this deal happen! Please message me on MP! 

It won’t allow me to pm you...

Trevor Cox wrote: Hey David, Rob, let’s make this deal happen! Please message me on MP! 

Again....  still can’t pm you.  Try and contact me if you can...

PMs aren't working guys lol. email

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started