Mountain Project Logo

FS: Kailas Nuco/Totem Basic (first and second generation) regular, offset cam and Kailas Emery Nuts

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Marc-Olivier Chabot · · Gatineau, QC · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 440

For seller feedback, please click on https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/112939616/totem-cam-basic-cam-nuco-and-nuts

Kailas Nuco Cam (made by Totem, same as Basic Totem). Please visit verticallstore.com for more info. Suggest retail 89$ at kailasgear.com.

The first generation Nuco: 60US$ each. No blue and blue/green HY available.

Second (newest) generation Nuco: 68 US$ each (include shipping).

Colors available are blue, green, yellow and red (4 regulars cams) and blue/green, green/yellow, yellow/red (3 cams) for the hybrid (offset cam).
What is the difference between both generation?

Except for the threats on cam lobes, the difference is cosmetic.

Kailas Emery Nuts (10 nuts set) 71US$. Retail is 89$.

To everyone that ask: I have plenty of Nuco but only 5 blue and it's pretty much what is available in the world until Totem MT did a new batch in 2019. Because of that, I want to keep the blue for climbers that need the full set (7 Nuco cams).

In 2019 I should have a lot more blue Basic from Totem this time. Also Totem cams

Take a look to this to win 2 Nuco Cam:
https://www.facebook.com/ClimbingCall/posts/1720030641418124

Michael Fernandez · · Santa Barbara, CA · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 10

Interested in a blue and green Nuco cam if you decide to sell the blue ones outside of the full set.

anthony salomon · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 0

Who won the cams?

Cody Smith · · Ft Collins · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 0

Bump for a good seller! 

Nicholas Lafky · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

Thanks for the quick shipment Marco!

npaolini · · Vancouver, BC · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 41

Thanks for Nucos Marco. I sent PayPal gift and received confirmation of shipment of a whole set quickly. Easy transaction, clear communication.

I love the green size and blue size and the offsets.

I had an issue with the spring on the blue Nuco popping out. Sadly I think this is a design issue because I know it has happened to multiple blue Nuco/Totem basic, but only to that size. Totem offered to fix it by putting in a different spring if I paid for one way of shipping, but I managed to finagle it back in so it's okay for now.

Overall good experience, I recommend buying from Marco to get a good deal and service. 

Dave Chiang · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

Having bought both a set of the nuts and several of the Nucos, I definitely recommend buying from Marco.

Kalias Nuts have only been out a few pitches with me, and they're my first set so I don't have much basis for comparison, but seem to place really nicely--I was able to get them in some oddly tapering placements where my friends's BDs and Rocks didn't feel quite as solid.  The tapers seem just slightly more aggressive than other brands I've played with and I find a lot of placements for them by flipping them around where they're juuuuust barely not fitting or not fitting quite right.

Just got the Nucos and haven't placed them yet, but there's been a lot said about them already and they seem solid and in line with what others have previously said.

Marco's a great seller--he's gotten the gear shipped right away each time and I received it within a week all the way in California.

Bump for good gear and great seller.

Ro DJ · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

Hi Marc,

Do you have anymore of the regular cams for sale?

Thanks,
Ro

Ro DJ wrote: Hi Marc,

Do you have anymore of the regular cams for sale?

Thanks,
Yes. I reply to your email.
Alec O · · Norwich, VT · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 31

Big fan of the Nucos, and Marco was great to buy from. Ten stars.

Caz Drach · · C'Wood, UT · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 310

Marco- any luck re stocking the blue?

Caz Drach wrote: Marco- any luck re stocking the blue?

I'm out of stock for the blue but It's the only color not available. Totem MT said they will start the production again in 2019 so the blue will be available next summer. It's definitively worth buying all other colors now and wait for the blue from Totem MT.

I should have the Basic in stock as soon as it available.
Ro DJ · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

Thanks for the cams Marco! Please let me know when you have the blue one back in stock.

Wes T · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 0
Marc-Olivier Chabot wrote:
I'm out of stock for the blue but It's the only color not available. Totem MT said they will start the production again in 2019 so the blue will be available next summer. It's definitively worth buying all other colors now and wait for the blue from Totem MT.

I should have the Basic in stock as soon as it available.

Sent PM on here. I see blue is gone. 

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started