Mountain Project Logo

RP’s

Original Post
Nick Niebuhr · · Santa Fe, NM · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 465

Does anybody know what RPs are worth these days? I have an opportunity to buy some but am having a hard time finding any current info on them. 

Matt Kuehl · · Las Vegas · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 1,570

$149 retail on the set of 7 DMM brass offsets. Might be able to find the older HB versions for cheaper used though

AndyMac · · Center, CO · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 602
Nick Drake · · Newcastle, WA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 471
Matt Kuehl wrote:

$149 retail on the set of 7 DMM brass offsets. Might be able to find the older HB versions for cheaper used though

If you're not aid climbing don't bother, just get the three largest and save a bunch https://www.backcountry.com/dmm-brass-offset-free-package?rr=t

I've only placed a #3 on a free route once, never placed the smallest ones. Wouldn't ever do more than body weight the smallest ones. 

Nick Niebuhr · · Santa Fe, NM · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 465

Thanks guys I'm talking about actual RPs though. Like the ones made by R.P. himself. Any idea on those?

Allen Sanderson · · Oootah · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,146

If used depending on condition, $10 each.

Khoi · · Vancouver, BC · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 45

Given that Roland Pauligk, the inventor and manufacturer of RP's, passed away about almost exactly one year ago, and no one has since stepped in to take over, RP's will only become increasingly rare.  With that in mind I don't see RP's going down until price until there is a revolution in the protection available for cracks of that size.

I reckon they'll be at least $10-$15 apiece for quite a while

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "RP’s"
in the Climbing Gear Discussion