Mountain Project Logo

How do points work?

Original Post
Derrick Keene · · Kentucky · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 95

Hello,

Recently started using MP to keep track of routes I've climbed and noticed I am not getting any points for the routes. I've also added a picture for a route that is not counting. Am I missing something in my profile? Thanks,

Greg D · · Here · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 883

Well you only get points if you on-site the route. And someone saw you hang dogging on the routes you climbed.

Creed Archibald · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 1,016

I think you mostly get them for adding routes and areas to the database. 

simplyput . · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 60

Once you get a thousand jillion points MP will send you an REI sticker pack.

James Schroeder · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined May 2002 · Points: 3,166

MP doesn't give points for ticks. Points are awarded for adding specific types of content, like Routes, Areas, and Photos. If you want points for ticks, head on over to 8a.nu.

Maynard · · Lisbon, ct · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 1

No points for ticks? Why even climb?

Greg D · · Here · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 883

Once you have been heard yelling take take take, you go into the suspicious on site category. You will have to do 50 more on sites before you can be trusted again and get your on site status back.  You will need three witnesses and a letter of recommendation from climbing friend Aleks Zebastian with the neck meat. 

James Schroeder wrote:

MP doesn't give points for ticks. Points are awarded for adding specific types of content, like Routes, Areas, and Photos. If you want points for ticks, head on over to 8a.nu.

Cool, thanks for the info. Not worried about points for ticks, but thought something might be wrong with my account as no points were showing. Thanks!

Greg D wrote:

Once you have been heard yelling take take take, you go into the suspicious on site category. You will have to do 50 more on sites before you can be trusted again and get your on site status back.  You will need three witnesses and a letter of recommendation from climbing friend Aleks Zebastian with the neck meat. 

See thats why I always climb below my level so I can on-site everything. I guess I'm not supposed to take after clipping the anchors. 

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374
Derrick Keene wrote:

See thats why I always climb below my level so I can on-site everything. I guess I'm not supposed to take after clipping the anchors. 

Just curious: do you have a trick for off-site climbing? Drone assist?

Best, OLH

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374
simplyput wrote:

Once you get a thousand jillion points MP will send you an REI sticker pack.

Don't count on it. MP HAS OWED ME A T-SHIRT FOR A JILLION YEARS, well, okay, only months, MR. SHANNON. Eh?

Not cranky. Much. OLH :-)

Jay Eggleston · · Denver · Joined Feb 2003 · Points: 21,381

After you post something points don't show on your profile until the next day.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Help
Post a Reply to "How do points work?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started