Mountain Project Logo

Partner Wanted: Saturday 1/21 - Pinnacles - "Cuidado!" 5.10+

Original Post
Brent Kelly · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 157

Bay area climber here.

I was out at pinnacles last weekend for the first time, and got pretty psyched on the look of this 5 pitch line of 5.10.

mountainproject.com/v/cuida…

Mostly 5.10 climbing, bolted, supposedly decent rock quality, and a super aesthetic arete line. Should be a blast!

I'm pretty gung-ho about the idea of going back and climbing it this saturday, and am looking for a partner.

PM me if interested!

-Brent

Alex Martin · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 66

Mp says the route is closed because of rockfall

Geordon B · · Aptos, Ca · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 35

The route is sometimes closed due to bird nesting but right now all of Machete is open. It is not advised to climb this route on the weekends (or other busy days) due to the route being right over the main trail into the caves. The term “decent rock quality” at the Pinnacles means only every fifth hold will break off, not every other. Very loose climbing in general. Also, I think it's going to rain this weekend.

I’m always looking for partners and climb at the Pinnacles often. Send me a PM if you’d like to climb

Brent Kelly · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 157

Hmmm didn't realize the rockfall and position over the caves was that problematic. Bummer, since weekends are generally my only options for Pinns trips.

Glad to hear the route isn't closed, though! Something about this line just seems compelling. Might have to play hooky and get on this route some other day when the weather is a more ideal.

Thanks for the pointers, y'all!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California
Post a Reply to "Partner Wanted: Saturday 1/21 - Pinnacles - "Cu…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started