Mountain Project Logo

Wi-fi and El Potrero Chico

Original Post
Dillon Gruber · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 0

A couple friends an I are heading down to Mexico at the end of March. One of them works remotely and she's wondering how good the wi-fi is in the campgrounds, or the coffee shops? Looking for any feedback!

Thanks guys!

mountainhick · · Black Hawk, CO · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 120

La Posada's WIFI works OK for basic stuff, but generally not really adequate for multimedia. I Skyped a few times, but it disconnected lots even without video. Not fast, often drops, and more trouble when more people are accessing.

DrRockso RRG · · Red River Gorge, KY · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 815

La Pagoda has decent wifi, better than La Posada's. I believe the router is in the office as I always got the best reception near there, reception in the main kitchen area is pretty crappy. If there are no people using it it's as fast as my wifi in the US, she'll get the best speeds at night after people go to bed and during the day when people are out climbing. Homero's internet didn't work at all while we were there, but may be fixed by now.

BrianWS · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 790

El Buho, the coffee shop in town, is pretty good. Getting a local data plan and personal hotspot may be a more reliable choice.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Wi-fi and El Potrero Chico"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started