Mountain Project Logo

ISO Big Wall / Aid Climbing Partner(s) in SoCal

Original Post
Audrey S · · California · Joined Dec 2023 · Points: 0

Looking to connect with other climbers in the Southern California / Los Angeles area who are interested in aid climbing and big wall objectives.

I'm relatively new to aid climbing and haven't done a big wall yet, but I recently took a big wall 2-day clinic and learned the fundamentals (hauling, ascending, lower-outs, systems, etc.). Now I'm looking for people who are interested in practicing, building efficiency, and working toward objectives together.

My background is primarily trad climbing and multipitch. I climb regularly, am safety-minded, and generally enjoy the process of learning and building skills. I'm not in a rush to get on El Cap tomorrow, but I do find that having a goal and partners to work toward it with helps keep me motivated.

I'm interested in:

- Aid practice days
- System practice (hauling, jugging, anchor transitions, etc.)
- Meeting other aspiring wall climbers
- Potentially building toward bigger objectives over the next year or two

If you're also looking to get into walls, are already experienced and don't mind mentoring a bit or just want more partners in SoCal, feel free to reach out :) TY!

Dave Vaughn · · Simi Valley CA · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 10

Crickets 

Patsy · · Merced · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 0

I can vouch for Audrey as a creative and stoked climber. She pulled out some big wall tricks on a climb we did together. She also was able to climb with 3 randos and manage to have a great time with everyone.

Dave Vaughn · · Simi Valley CA · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 10

I know, just poking a bit. I will be helping her out ...

Jon Winsley · · Oxnard, CA · Joined Aug 2022 · Points: 59

Have you tracked anyone down? I have a somewhat interest in aid for routes which have one or 2 aid pitches thrown in. I am also trying to get over elbow issues so had to bump the regular climbing back a little so could go work on aid techniques. Not much existing aid experience but a decent amount of gear.

Joshua Brown · · American Fork, UT · Joined Aug 2020 · Points: 141

I’m moving to Riverside in August and may be interested.

Robert S · · South Bay, Los Angeles · Joined Nov 2019 · Points: 15

Hey Audrey,

I'm in the LA area and looking for partners to train for or do some big walls. Shoot me a message if still looking.

Robert

Dave Vaughn · · Simi Valley CA · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 10

I will be at Point Mugu rock on july 4th at 8am doing some aid training if anyone is interested.

Dave

805 795 0270 

Skot Richards · · Lakewood, CA · Joined May 2020 · Points: 0

I’m in Southern LA.  

May be able to help you.  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Big Wall and Aid Climbing
Post a Reply to "ISO Big Wall / Aid Climbing Partner(s) in SoCal"

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.