Mountain Project Logo

Name that mountain Volume 2

Doctor Drake · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2018 · Points: 126
Matt Schilowitz wrote:

Treasure Peak?

Yessir! Most maps say “Treasure Benchmark,” which is a cool and unique name 

Matt Schilowitz · · California · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 587

Agreed about the name. This one is an uncommon view of a commonly climbed peak.

Matt Schilowitz · · California · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 587

Hint: probably one of the most frequently climbed mountains in its range! Not many see it from this angle though, or climb this face. Zoom in for a better hint

Anthony H · · Bellingham, WA · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 160

Mt Hoffmann from the north side?

Matt Schilowitz · · California · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 587

Yes Mt. Hoffman, was that too much of a clue? Much more of an alpine looking wall from this side, although bite sized.

Anthony H · · Bellingham, WA · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 160

Just the right amount of clue! I thought it looks like Tuolumne-esque so it helps!

Next up - what is the peak in the background? Bonus if you can name the lake.

Bale · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 0

Seven Gables?

Anthony H · · Bellingham, WA · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 160

Yup Seven Gables!

Bale · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 0

Hint: in UT

Not in Wasatch

Alright, SE UT

Near Moab

In LaSals

Is this thing on? Highest peak in LaSals viewed from NE. 

Steven Marquez · · Orange County, CA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 21

Mount Peale. I originally thought it was somewhere south of mammoth but then gave up on it and seems like everyone else did too. You might have won the game because nobody could “name that mountain.”

Bale · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 0
Steven Marquez wrote:

Mount Peale. I originally thought it was somewhere south of mammoth but then gave up on it and seems like everyone else did too. You might have won the game because nobody could “name that mountain.”

Yes! Mount Peale! I was starting to wonder if I should bump it to the top instead of just editing the hints. Sorry, I didn’t think it’d be that obscure. Take it away Steve! 

Steven Marquez · · Orange County, CA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 21

Any of the peaks on the horizon with the clouds above them.
Hint: they generally start with a “K”

Matt Schilowitz · · California · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 587

Mount Hitchcock? Beautiful photo!

Just realized I misread that it was the background peaks

Giovanni Ratti · · Maryland · Joined Jul 2022 · Points: 10

Midway Mountain

I was sure I'd seen it before

Steven Marquez · · Orange County, CA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 21

Hitchcock is in the foreground but I’m looking for the group of peaks on the horizon beyond the right shoulder of Hitchcock. Midway is a bit too far north. 

Doctor Drake · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2018 · Points: 126

the kaweahs?

Steven Marquez · · Orange County, CA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 21

The Doctor got it! You are up. 

Doctor Drake · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2018 · Points: 126

If this proves too difficult, I have two slightly wider pictures that include more and more clues. Peak on the right that looks ready to...

Doctor Drake · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2018 · Points: 126
Doctor Drake wrote:

If this proves too difficult, I have two slightly wider pictures that include more and more clues. Peak on the right that looks ready to...

"Erupt!" (photo contains hint #1)

Giovanni Ratti · · Maryland · Joined Jul 2022 · Points: 10

Mt. St. Helens

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.