Mountain Project Logo

Looking for a mentor in climbing photography

Original Post
Jacob McHenry · · Wenatchee, WA · Joined Jan 2019 · Points: 165

Would anyone here know the best way of finding a climbing photography mentor?  I have for some time wanted to take my adventure photography to the next level.  I have tried to read and watch as much material as possible on the subject but finding a mentor I feel could be very beneficial in my growth as a photographer.  If anyone on here could point me in the right direction of someone or someplace where I could connect with a mentor I would really appreciate it.  If it helps, I am located in the USA, near Leavenworth WA.  

Thanks Scott, I'll send you a message and I appreciate you posting. 

Dixie Powell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2024 · Points: 0

Thank you.

Alex Buisse · · Halifax, NS, CA · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 76

I do something that might interest you: alexbuisse-workshops.com/me…

Thanks Alex! I'll reach out to you via email and with some photos and a link to my site.  I appreciate it!

Not MP Admin · · The OASIS · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 17

While a mentor might help in some regards, in my experience the best and quickest way to learn is to just go out and experiment with what works for you and what doesn’t. This is assuming you know the safety procedures to not get fucked up while rigging. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than spending time or money to learn from someone/mentor only to discover their style is significantly different than what you prefer. My recommendation would be to find a style you like and try to emulate that style in your own way. Reach out to those artists that inspire you and see what happens. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Photos & Videos
Post a Reply to "Looking for a mentor in climbing photography"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started