Mountain Project Logo

Mediocre climbing accomplishments

Darren Mabe · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2002 · Points: 3,669
Kevin Worrall wrote:

This thread has gone to sh!t

It went to shit 14 pages ago Kevin

Brent Kelly · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 186

"Double Owl Day" in BoCan today.

Warm-up/trad-reintro following my partner's leads on The Owl this morning.

Then, with thanks to an accommodating belayer, I sent Owl on the Prowl up at the Sport Park, without too much struggle, after starting it as a "get the fitness back" project on TRSolo after returning to Colorado 3 years ago.

Then I went -5 on 9 at Interlocken and then tied my course personal record with -14 through 18 at Johnny Roberts, with a handful of near-aces. Thought all was lost when I had a not-great drive on 17. Sunk it from 45 feet out. Same story on 18. Nailed it.

This may have been the greatest mediocre day of my life so far.

Klaus theK · · Fruita · Joined Oct 2018 · Points: 1
Brent Kelly wrote:

"Double Owl Day" in BoCan today.

Warm-up/trad-reintro following my partner's leads on The Owl this morning.

Then, with thanks to an accommodating belayer, I sent Owl on the Prowl up at the Sport Park, without too much struggle, after starting it as a "get the fitness back" project on TRSolo after returning to Colorado 3 years ago.

Then I went -5 on 9 at Interlocken and then tied my course personal record with -14 through 18 at Johnny Roberts, with a handful of near-aces. Thought all was lost when I had a not-great drive on 17. Sunk it from 45 feet out. Same story on 18. Nailed it.

This may have been the greatest mediocre day of my life so far.

Was totally annoyed by your golf reference before I realized it was a disc golf reference. Totally redeemed. 

TBlom · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2004 · Points: 360

Pooped on Broadway, then bailed after 3 pitches with a potential storm coming in.

Never made it back up there...

Brent Kelly · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 186
Klaus theK wrote:

Was totally annoyed by your golf reference before I realized it was a disc golf reference. Totally redeemed. 

Andrew Rice · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 11
Edge wrote:

It’s two thirds of an underground three-poop quest, the third spot being on the medallion that marks the Four Corners.

It doesn’t matter that it’s misplaced, you gotta poop directly on the medallion. 

This makes me rethink my quest to eat sushi off the geological markers at Badwater, Whitney and 4 Corners...

Adam R · · Southwest mostly · Joined Jun 2020 · Points: 0

I identified a cam size by color. 

shredward · · SLC · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 5

fist bumped Ondra in line for the beef basin shitter when he was on his desert trip.

Joe Hunt · · Costa Mesa, CA · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 240

I climbed the Matterhorn.... at Disneyland. 

Aaron Kolb · · Western Slope CO · Joined Jun 2022 · Points: 484

I led a bolted 5.6 route on trad gear

Sean C · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

I chopped off the tip of my thumb (just the fleshy bit at the end and part of the nail) with an axe, wrapped it up real good like, then on sighted the hardest grade I had OS/flashed at that point (5.11 with vertical terrain, mini roofs/overlaps, and also slab) just a few hours later. No blood was left on the wall, either. I peaked that day lol

John Gill · · Colorado · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 27

As a naive climber staying in the Tetons for the first time in 1956 some friends and I climbed the Grand. Well, we thought we did, but reaching the top saw the Grand off to the north. Would you believe a person can follow the directions for Owen-Spaulding to the top of the Middle?

Nick Goldsmith · · NEK · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 505

John, if you were following Ortenburgers directions getting lost was to be expected ;) I certainly got lost a few times trying to use this thing.. 

highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion · · Colorado · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 35
Joe Hunt wrote:

I climbed the Matterhorn.... at Disneyland. 

That’s actually pretty cool. I’d do it.

Joe Hunt · · Costa Mesa, CA · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 240
highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion wrote:

That’s actually pretty cool. I’d do it.

Thanks, it was pretty funny, they had me dress up in lederhosens held up with suspenders and the whole bit. haha There are several routes, even a 5.9 overhang at the top. Also, inside is a basketball court for the employees!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Mediocre climbing accomplishments"

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.