Mountain Project Logo

Dog rant

M M · · Maine · Joined Oct 2020 · Points: 3
David K wrote:

I wasn't trained by special forces to threaten people with knives like you. So I have to use my words.  



Jake Jones · · Richmond, VA · Joined Jun 2021 · Points: 170
David K wrote:

I wasn't trained by special forces to threaten people with knives like you. So I have to use my words.  

Wholly shit!  Burch is an "operator"??  So much more makes sense now  

F r i t z · · North Mitten · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 1,190
Jake Jones wrote:

Wholly shit!  Burch is an "operator"??  So much more makes sense now  

Yeah, he and Michael Scarn were deep cover and helped foil the pro sports bombing plots of the early 2010's. Sadly, the WNBA could not be saved.

Jordan Wilson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 65
F r i t z wrote:

Does that make David K gold face?

Jake Jones · · Richmond, VA · Joined Jun 2021 · Points: 170
Adam Burch wrote:

I'm hopeful these guys farted a lot while we hung out so I could breathe in and absorb their life force.  That's pretty much the best training there is, right?  

Without a doubt.  If huffing the farts of better men doesn't = good training, I've wasted about two decades solid.

David K · · The Road, Sometimes Chattan… · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 434
Adam Burch wrote:

It's easy to see, and when we're on the trail and a couple leashless dogs approach me and my kids, I tell the owner to control their dogs and put them on a leash.  If they say no, I tell them I have pepper gel and a legally carried knife and their dogs are in danger if they approach.

Yes, we've heard your tough guy story a few times. It changes slightly each time, too, which is interesting to note.

Nice and calm, no drama.

If there has been no drama, that's a credit to the people you've threatened, not to you.

I tell my kids all the time what a Dad's role is, and one of my jobs is to keep them safe.

And you think threatening random strangers with a knife keeps your kids safe?

M M · · Maine · Joined Oct 2020 · Points: 3

Can't we all just sing kumbaya together while hugging and comparing knives?

Stiles · · the Mountains · Joined May 2003 · Points: 845

Dogs are like their owners.

I dont enjoy either in the "wild".

WF WF51 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2020 · Points: 0
Locker wrote:

You get what you pay for...

 

Used to be. Now, you just pay for what you get.

WF WF51 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2020 · Points: 0

For the rest of the year, she is off leash.  She may run over to you and put her paws on your legs and jump up for kissed and cuddles, and if you are drunk, or shouting, or angry, she may bark quite arresively, but her tail will be wagging all the time, and she just wants to warn her pack of possible danger, and solicit afffection from everybody. If she bothers you, you can put out your hand and tell her to sit, and she will.  Considering all that, I do sometimes put her on a leash when I see other dog owners struggling with a difficult dog, or when there is a kindergarten or school group, or an elderely person, and so on, but I react badly when other people demand that I put her on a leash for no other reason than their own fear and disgust and discomfort.  In those situations, when there's no legal or reasonable basis for my dog to be on a leash, and somebody shouts, "Put your dog on a leash!" I basically say, "Go fuck youself."    And if they kicked or maced or atacked my dog, I would defend her absolutely.  That's not macho posturing, that's just emotional reality.  I love her more than most people.  She is part of my family.   

She may run over to you for kissess and cuddles. Kisses? Would you lick your shit-covered anus and then ask someone for a kiss? 

I do sometimes put her on a leash = Very rarely, if ever.

I react badly when other people demand that I put her on a leash for no other reason than their own fear and disgust and discomfort. Because, well, whose feelings are most important here? 

Bruno Schull · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2009 · Points: 0

OK, this thread is getting crazy,  

We all deserve some blame, and consequent punishment.  

@ Adam Burch should be tied down on a gurney, and made to watch as his chilkdren suffer a love attack by two wild, frollicking labrador puppies, who lick and kiss the children from head to toe untl, until the they cry with delight.  At the same time, two special forces operatives should steal one of his knives, drop it on a concrete floor repeatedly to blunt the tip, and then tickle his bare feet gently, until he howls with titilation.  Thereafter, his children should demand every day that he buy them a puppy, and approach every and all dog for pets, filling him with fear for their safety.  Also, he should forever be barred from using the term, "Nawmeen."

@ David K should be trapped in a reccurent nightmare, where he is walking naked in a forest, on his way to the crag, and is attacked by a pack of vicious dogs, baying for his throat, prompting him to cast about wildly for some way to defend himself, growing ever more desperate, while a group of pedantic pacifists hover on a cloud above, calling for him to," Take the high road!" , "Lower your testosterone!" , "De-escalate!" to no avail.  At the last moment, as he is choking one of the dogs to death with his bare hands in front of his own familty and loved ones, he wakes in a cold sweat, only for the nightmare to begin again. 

@ Bruno Schull (me) -- I should be relegated to following the REVERSE of the laws here in Switzerland, walking my dog ON leash during the times when she could be off leash, driving me crazy with frustration because I want her to be wild and free, and walking her OFF leash during the times when she should be on leash, exposing me to the censorious stares and judemental comments of Swiss ramblers, with my mouth taped shut, so I can't tell them to go fuck themselves.  Anybody who has lived in Switzerland--one of the most judgemental and intrusive societies on earth--will underdstand the gravity of this punishment.

Any climber who lets their dog ramble free unleashed in areas where there are leash laws, causing general chaos and debauchery, should be bitten in the ass by their own dog, hard enough to draw blood, require stitches, and make it painfull to sit down for at least three months. 

And any climber who has ever complained about dogs lawfully off leash at crags, should be forced to lead a run out slab, take a long whipping fall above their last piece, and pendulum into a dihedral, experiencing nothing more in the way of injuries than terrible fear and embarassment, and a broken pinky toe, which will make them limp for many years, and therefore make dogs suspicious, so that they will be followed by a chorus of canine barks everywhere they go.  

Can we end this thread now???

csproul · · Pittsboro...sort of, NC · Joined Dec 2009 · Points: 330

Those Great Danes will definitely get up in your space

amarius · · Nowhere, OK · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 20
Adam Burch wrote:

So anyway there’s this guy that had me make this one a couple years ago for his climbing partner , right?  He said he had a Great Dane that kept being really big in his space so he needed to take care of business.


Do you make anything more suitable for a Chihuhua?

oskar blues · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2022 · Points: 0

Dogs do NOT belong at any crag situated on private land period. Good way to ruin it for everyone.

Jake Jones · · Richmond, VA · Joined Jun 2021 · Points: 170

ZOMGWTF OSKAR, why do you HATE DOGS 111!!!

F r i t z · · North Mitten · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 1,190

When it comes to countering the calamities of cantankerous caninity, here's my EDC.

Jordan Wilson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 65

Its been Christmas morning every day! I wake up to more dog rant!!!!

amarius · · Nowhere, OK · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 20
F r i t z wrote:

When it comes to countering the calamities of cantankerous caninity, here's my EDC.

See if Adam Burch can hook your goat up with bayonets

Bruno Schull · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2009 · Points: 0
F r i t z · · North Mitten · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 1,190
Bruno Schull wrote:

Rifle goat vs Big Dog 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqMVg5ixhd0

That thing looks like an AT-ST walker, which routinely lose battles with Ewoks, so my money is on RifleGote. 

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.