Mountain Project Logo

J tree boulder pad rental

Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Nick Arthur · · Northampton, MA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 86

A few friends and I are traveling and looking to grab 2 pads to rent for a day trip to j tree Saturday. It seems like joshua tree outfitters is the go-to place for rentals, but they haven't responded to my e-mail.

Any other ideas for finding rentals?

It seems Stone Adventures is also not renting pads

Edit: Also interested in recommendations on what to check out with just a day of time for easy stuff eg V0-4

A self serve bouldering pad machine? Sounds pretty fancy

Taylor McKenzie · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 165

We rented pads from Joshua Tree Outfitters a month or so ago. We didn't try emailing but had luck texting 760-366-1848, and Celeste met up with us to drop off/pick up pads. I haven't had any experience with any other rentals around, but we definitely had a good experience with JTO.

Edit: As far as climbing, we were looking at stuff about the same difficulty as you. We checked out the Chocolate Boulders, the traverse on Garbage Rock, some stuff around Intersection Rock, and Gunsmoke/surrounding area. We had a great time in those areas but also weren't there during peak season so we lucked out with crowds.

Taylor McKenzie wrote:

We rented pads from Joshua Tree Outfitters a month or so ago. We didn't try emailing but had luck texting 760-366-1848, and Celeste met up with us to drop off/pick up pads. I haven't had any experience with any other rentals around, but we definitely had a good experience with JTO.

Ah okay maybe that will work better, I just sent them a text a bit ago

Edit: This worked

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started