Mountain Project Logo

Systems Slopers

Original Post
Aidan Mickleburgh · · Arlington VA · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 4,531

I have the Atomik 50/130 degree slopers on my systems hangboard. I find them too easy. Aside from investing in a Beatmaker hangboard with the 45 degree slopers, does anyone know of some extremely difficult systems slopers?

D Elliot · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

I’ve resorted to using my ProblemSolver and Grippul boards for this, which both allow you to mount your own holds. Choose any horrendous sloper (or otherwise) and a couple bolts, and suffer away.
Personally, I’ve only been able to hang (barely a second) on the Beastmaker 45* in a front lever position, and that’s the only way I’ve seen it used effectively at all 

John Byrnes · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 392

If you're a little bit handy with wood and a saw, it should be easy enough to create a wedge to mount the holds on, thus making them "steeper".   Bolt the wedge to the board and, with a slightly off-center T-nut, bolt the hold to the wedge.  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Training Forum
Post a Reply to "Systems Slopers"

Log In to Reply
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.