Mountain Project Logo

TC Pro Replacement Laces

Original Post
Tomko · · SANTA CLARA CA · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 20

I just broke some shoelaces on my TC Pros.  I contacted La Sportiva customer service and they said that they are out of spare laces until the middle of summer, but they recommended I get some 2mm cord shoelaces and so I found some on Amazon, but 2mm cord is way too big and won't work.

Has anyone replaced their TC Pro laces before and can recommend something to get as a replacement?

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

Some climbing shops have laces that work. I got some at Nomad Ventures in Joshua Tree. 

Adam bloc · · San Golderino, Calirado · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 2,185

Just happened to me. Shame the stoke of booting up for a pitch eventually friction burns them to death. 60in Scarpa boot laces are in most outdoor stores. Thicker than the original flat laces but just takes a bit of gumption to get them through the first two eyelets.

Luke R · · Athens, GA · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 704

I bought a few pairs of these at Target a few years ago when the laces on my Katanas blew out. They’re a little long but they’ve held up and don’t get in the way. Searching ‘Kiwi 2544 laces’ found it pretty quick. The yellow is the same hue as the Katana Lace if that helps anything. 

Brandon Gottung · · CO Western Slope · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 1,613

I recommend replacing with dyneema cord, usually sold as bear-hang kit. The dyneema laces will out last the shoes.

Lee Payne · · Austin, TX · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 102

I got the same Kiwi outdoor laces as Luke. They were a little long, so I cut them to length, and they've held up well.

TJ B · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2012 · Points: 26

I bought some at my grocery store, they’re long but I’m not sure there’s gonna be anything lost in performance. However, I sent another pair of shoes into Rock and Resole and left them a message to see if they’d sell me an extra pair of TC laces. I’ll keep you posted. They should be coming back to me relatively soon

rocknice2 · · Montreal, QC · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 3,847

How long are the original laces?

Adam Fleming · · AMGA Certified Rock Guide; SLC · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 441

My local gear store sells what they call boot lace for 10 cents a foot. It's basically paracord without the core. I've only climbed twice with them so far, but it feels like it will hold up to the desert abuse. 

TJ B · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2012 · Points: 26

Update: Rock and Resole sent me a beautiful brand new pair of TC laces

Andrew Upchurch · · Yosemite, CA · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 793

kind of a shame that its past the middle of the summer and la sportive still doesn't have them in stock.  it seems that there are so many of us with the same problem.  I can't tell you how many times I have seen my friends tc pro laces broken.  its happened to me a number of times too

You Really Are The Greatest · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2019 · Points: 0
Andrew Upchurch wrote: kind of a shame that its past the middle of the summer and la sportive still doesn't have them in stock.  it seems that there are so many of us with the same problem.  I can't tell you how many times I have seen my friends tc pro laces broken.  its happened to me a number of times too

I hold recommend taking accessory cord and pulling out the core so you are just using the sheath of the cord.

Andrew Upchurch · · Yosemite, CA · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 793
Scott Fagen wrote:

I hold recommend taking accessory cord and pulling out the core so you are just using the sheath of the cord.

thats a pretty clever idea. i like it

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "TC Pro Replacement Laces"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started