Mountain Project Logo

Black Totem - For Sale (Brand New)

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Lauren Ford · · Yosemite, CA · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 0

Bought the cam for a friend who changed their mind.  Cam is brand new, tag still on.  $115 includes shipping to you.  Can provide photos if needed.

If seriously interested, PM me.  Trolls get lost.

Travis S · · Texas · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 70

I’ll give you $130

joe trabucco · · Boulder, co · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

This is funny 

Michael B · · Germany · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0

Need that sweet totem. $140!

abe r · · Boise, ID · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 180

I'll give you my Arcteryx rain coat and a personal jet plane

SethG · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 291

This isn't serious is it? I bought one from Rock and Snow just a week ago for regular retail price. 

Isaac Gray · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 8

$150 and I'll pay shipping!

abe r · · Boise, ID · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 180
Mikey Wally wrote: $150 and you can name my firstborn child.

May just have to include the firstborn.

Also, did they change their mind on whether they wanted the cam?  Maybe on whether they wanted it from you?  Which is to say, they changed their mind on your friend status....so many unanswered questions!
Andrew Rice · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 11

Can I simply be your friend and you can get rid of that other ungrateful one?

Tricam Proselytist · · Moab, UT · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 0

I'll trade my pink tricam for it.

petzl logic · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 730

how much in canadian tire money?

Car Lo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 5

I don't think you guys really understand how much of a steal this is

Lauren Ford wrote: Trolls get lost.

But like... I can get one direct from Totem right this second for $104 shipped? You're literally listing a readily commercially available product for more than the manufacturers selling price, shipping included. How did you expect not to get trolled? or are you the Troll? Have the trolls been trolled? Trololololol

Lauren Ford · · Yosemite, CA · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 0
Tricam Proselytist wrote:

But like... I can get one direct from Totem right this second for $104 shipped? You're literally listing a readily commercially available product for more than the manufacturers selling price, shipping included. How did you expect not to get trolled? or are you the Troll? Have the trolls been trolled? Trololololol

If you’re not interested, why even bother replying at all to this post? Why go out of your way to be a jerk to someone you don’t know? My asking price is essentially what I paid for the cam plus a little extra for shipping. It’s not outrageous, and if you’re not interested, keep it to yourself.

Responses like yours, which randomly ridicule people for no reason, pollute and ruin the forum for people who are using it for a legitimate purpose. 
The number of needlessly rude responses to this post is really disheartening.

This post is slowly turning into gold. 

James P · · Lynnwood, WA · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0
L Kap · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 105
Lauren Ford wrote:

If you’re not interested, why even bother replying at all to this post? Why go out of your way to be a jerk to someone you don’t know? My asking price is essentially what I paid for the cam plus a little extra for shipping. It’s not outrageous, and if you’re not interested, keep it to yourself.

Responses like yours, which randomly ridicule people for no reason, pollute and ruin the forum for people who are using it for a legitimate purpose. 

I sympathize with the fact that you overpaid, but MP people are aware of what the fair market price is. Your options are 1) sell it here on MP for a better price than the lowest online price, 2) try to sell it elsewhere to someone who doesn't know what it actually costs, or 3) hold on to it in the hopes that it becomes more scarce and the price will go up.

If I were you, I'd just sell it for a discount and recover what money you can. All fads fade and better gear will come along. 

L Kap wrote:

I sympathize with the fact that you overpaid, but MP people are aware of what the fair market price is. Your options are 1) sell it here on MP for a better price than the lowest online price, 2) try to sell it elsewhere to someone who doesn't know what it actually costs, or 3) hold on to it in the hopes that it becomes more scarce and the price will go up.

If I were you, I'd just sell it for a discount and recover what money you can. All fads fade and better gear will come along. 

Loss aversion.   Just cut your losses and move on. 

Lauren Ford wrote:

Responses like yours, which randomly ridicule people for no reason, pollute and ruin the forum for people who are using it for a legitimate purpose. 

Because I care about my fellow MPers. I don't want to see someone caught up in this silly black totem craze get ripped off. If no one said anything, either someone overpays or you would be stuck either not selling it/continually discounting it until you reached fair price. Save some time, cut your losses. Make a new post with a fair price. I'm sorry you paid too much originally. Make your friend who bailed on you make up the difference seeing as they screwed you over.

Doug Chism · · Arlington VA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 45
L Kap wrote:

Or option 4) actually use the thing you spent your hard earned money on. 

lethal weapon II · · Pangea · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 35
Lauren Ford wrote: Bought the cam for a friend who changed their mind.  Cam is brand new, tag still on.  $115 includes shipping to you.  Can provide photos if needed.

If seriously interested, PM me.  Trolls get lost.

Wait this was serious? I literally thought you were trolling this entire time...

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started